Injury Report: Maple Leafs' Petter Granberg on waivers, Reimer Lower body?

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
the whole concussion protocol thing had to be league mandated because teams were ignoring concussions and making players feel like wimps for not playing through them.

Is this something accepted across the league as fact, or just... one of those things "We all know"?

Shanty

Jan 9, 2010
Toronto

Can't argue with that.

It is definitely a macho dude thing to do, and sports people to tend to be macho dudes.

I'll concede that it's possible that this could have happened, in any given situation. At some point though, who do you blame? Is it Reimer's fault for covering it up, if he did? Is it a general sports issue that needs to be dealt with?

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Can't argue with that.

It is definitely a macho dude thing to do, and sports people to tend to be macho dudes.

I'll concede that it's possible that this could have happened, in any given situation. At some point though, who do you blame? Is it Reimer's fault for covering it up, if he did? Is it a general sports issue that needs to be dealt with?

i think it's more a hockey attitude that over time will change.

hockey fans joke around about baseball players .. and how tough hockey players are for playing through pain and such.

do you honestly think Mike Richards had percs for fun?

lets face it.. a ton of players play through some pretty bad pain.. otherwise they are looked about as being babies..

Shanty

Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
i think it's more a hockey attitude that over time will change.

hockey fans joke around about baseball players .. and how tough hockey players are for playing through pain and such.

do you honestly think Mike Richards had percs for fun?

lets face it.. a ton of players play through some pretty bad pain.. otherwise they are looked about as being babies..

This I can absolutely agree on. You "need" to be tough, even if it means ignoring a real problem.

Maybe it's the Canadian influence too. Gotta friggin giv'er.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
For better or worse, the concussion protocol like the safety nets in the stadiums, the phasing out of fighting, rules against head shots and rules against hits from behind are there as protection for the NHL against litigation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->