Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Islanders | Tomorrow at 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Ridiculous why we're even playing one of those two teams in the first round to begin with.

Finish 3rd or 4th overall in the conference??? LOL nope you're playing the 2nd best team!

Thanks NHL for your stupid f***ing playoff system that nobody likes!

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
how are we not clinched right now? florida can only get to 98 its impossible for us not to not get 3rd in the atlantic?

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
The main boards are a cesspool but Oilers fans are kidding themselves if they think McDavid won't jump ship if the tire fire around him continues during his contract. I would bet very real money we win a cup before they do. Even with pieces coming back in to play (some of their under performing players starting to perform), I don't see how they can compete with our depth. Our high end D is better. Andersen better goalie due to much larger start sample size.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Also, given just how terrible the Islanders are defensively, I fully expect multi-point games from Matthews and Marner. Hope Matthews finishes strong and gets his PPG above PPG.

Reactions: Ulysses31

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Good chance for the Leafs to audition for Tavares, to show him how competitive the Leafs are in hopes he likes what he sees should he become a UFA this summer.

Isles are my Brother's favourite team so its always a fun family rivalry when these 2 teams meet.
On June 30th at about 11pm Islander ownership will go "Holy shit we are going to set the league record for worst attendance ever for an NHL team if JT walks" and give JT literally everything he wants and he stays.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think Marner just has a way better attitude and drive than Eichel and that will be the biggest difference going forward
Eichel is a PPG player playing for a team that is among the worst collection of players ever assembled in the history of the sport with a coach who probably has no business being a head coach at a professional level much less the NHL. It's insane just how criminally underrated he is by too many people.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Regarding Komarov and Johnsson:

I've been a proponent of keeping that line together, but I think it's unfair to use season stats against Komarov here. Most of those are derived from playing way over his head against top competition on a dysfunctional line. When playing the same role as Johnsson have had, Komarov has done very well and the line has been effective. If we are just going to use him in a regular fourth line role, how he performs in said role is what matters.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Any word on who starts tonight? I personally would like to see McBackup against the Isles and play Freddie tomorrow against the Jets.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Any word on who starts tonight? I personally would like to see McBackup against the Isles and play Freddie tomorrow against the Jets.

Leafs have always started Andersen with the fresher group, I doubt they change that just for the Jets. It would be nice if they did though.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Wouldn't surprise me if they want to protect Freddy a bit from the Jets offense to help him build some confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad