"Maple Leafs Forever" - video of past and present

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
The Leafs came out with a new video yesterday. I thought I'd share it since it was very well done. It starts off with 4 minutes of 100 years of history, then finishes off with 1 minute of looking into the future. Loved the last minute especially.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Good vid!

Watching Matthews score that goal was one of the best moments i've ever had as a leafs fan over the past 20+ years.

Obligatory overreaction comment: No JVR footage means hes not in the plans ? :P

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oh i didn't know they changed the video. i know the former CBC Montage guy did this last year.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Good vid!

Watching Matthews score that goal was one of the best moments i've ever had as a leafs fan over the past 20+ years.

:naughty: I loved seeing Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Rielly plastered all over their future montage.

Oh i didn't know they changed the video. i know the former CBC Montage guy did this last year.

Yeah, though I much prefer this one. This one includes more legends, adds some of the best moments from our centennial year, and the updated version actually gets to show our star rookies in action.

jcfogerty

Aug 21, 2014
Good vid!

Tiger Williams with tears in his eyes....Beautiful.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Tiger Williams with tears in his eyes....Beautiful.

I remember watching that at the closing ceremony of Maple Leaf Gardens... And I didn't even know who Tiger Williams was back then. I just remember the teary eyes!

I love these kinds of videos. I was around for most of the Blue Jays' existence. Saw both World Series. And was around for all of the Raptors' existence. There's no mystery to them. But I've been around only for a fraction of the Leafs' existence. It's like a celestial or religious experience watching things that happened 50 years BEFORE my time. Very out of this world.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I liked watching the empty net goal for the cup in '67. kinda got misty eyed just thinking how i'll react when we get there some day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad