Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Extend Connor Carrick (1 Year Deal, 1.3M)

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Should be standing out in a good way instead he was on the ice for two goals tonight not a good start for someone whos every shift matters.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
id like to extend an invitation to connor carrick to kindly f*** off. Oz has his spot, Rosen can play RD there is your 6 and 7 D

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Should be standing out in a good way instead he was on the ice for two goals tonight not a good start for someone whos every shift matters.
That's the surprising part, his job is on the line and I see zero jam. Again last night, slow reads out front and he's late to react.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Time to end the Carrick experiment an give other players opportunities for roster spots. This dog won't hunt.

Reactions: dsred

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Assuming he only got this for finishing first in fitness testing.

I want to be a fan but I just don’t see it from him

Reactions: dsred

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
According to CapFriendly, the Maple Leafs now have $21,042,500 remaining in cap space, needing to add 4 forwards (including William Nylander), and 3 defenders to an assumed 23 man roster.

Going out on a limb here, and gonna assume Travis Dermott, Igor Ozhiganov, Andreas Johnsson and Par Lindhom (along with William Nylander) are going to be penciled into those spots, and that leaves us with $18,329,167 to sign William Nylander, Andreas Johnsson, add another defender to the roster, and then upgrade the team.
Question: Do they HAVE TO have a 23 man roster?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Question: Do they HAVE TO have a 23 man roster?

Don't believe so, no, but less wouldn't be an ideal scenario. IIRC, at times when a few teams didn't, it was in the early days of the cap. Having the AHL team close by is definitely helpful for roster option flexibility too.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Don't believe so, no, but less wouldn't be an ideal scenario. IIRC, at times when a few teams didn't, it was in the early days of the cap. Having the AHL team close by is definitely helpful for roster option flexibility too.
You would think with the farm team right in town they would take better advantage of that.

wired14

Jan 28, 2008
So much unjustified hate towards Carrick. He’s a fine number 6 defenceman. I don’t see a whole lot of reasoning, just a lot of “Carrick sucks” whenever there is anything resembling a scoring chance against the Leafs when he is on the ice. Give the guy a break he was paired with Marincin last night and Gardiner and Rielly aren’t exactly giveaway-free either.

I’m also hearing a lot of buzz about Rosen and his amazing playoff run with the Marlies this year but people seem to forget that Carrick had 18 points in 15 games on the ‘15-16 Marlies team and was by far the best player on that team. Plus he’s just 24 years old and is younger than Holl, Ozhiganov and Rosen (by a few months). So if they still have some development time left, why not him too?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Guess I'm on a bit of an island here, but depending on how the other pairings shake out, I still think a spot in the top six is Carrick's to lose. If the top two pairings remain the same - or have the same personnel in Rielly/Hainsey/Gardiner/Zaitsev, which I suspect will be the case - Carrick would seem to provide the most experienced option to pair with Dermott. There's also some familiarity there from last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->