Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Canadiens FEB 20th 7pm EST

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It seems the Leafs will be 8 points ahead of the Habs Saturday.
Habs have 3 games in hand.

Really need that 2 points, if not, the Leafs will be 10 points ahead.
Leafs will be at their 3rd games in 4 nights.
As long as we stay out of the box and come out strong, Habs should win this.
Leafs will be sharp early since they have played 5 games in 8 days while the Habs will probably need a half of a period to get in sync. The obvious key will be to weather the storm early until the legs get going.
In theory the Leafs should wear down as the Habs get going.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-2-19_8-11-4.png

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't care about first place. I want the team to distance itself from the other pretenders.

It's the same goal in the end, getting points....but if the Leafs gets a 10 points lead, do you imagine how annoying Toronto's medias and their fans will get?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Leafs will be sharp early since they have played 5 games in 8 days while the Habs will probably need a half of a period to get in sync. The obvious key will be to weather the storm early until the legs get going.
In theory the Leafs should wear down as the Habs get going.
I am not holding any hope for Saturday game. Habs' breakfast are the Canucks, Oilers, Flames... not the leafs. Leafs will easily take the division.

Reactions: BTP

Bushfire31

Sep 11, 2018
Anyone else getting concerned at how poorly the Habs play on home ice?
It’s weird, for sure.
I think it’s just a case of we had so many road games at the start of the year before other teams started to figure out our system and game plan.
I imagine the road and home record will level out as the season goes on.

Justsayin

Jul 2, 2019
It's symptomatic of Julien being a bad coach who can't adjust.. so, no, not any more concerned about that.. more concerned about re-hasing dinosaur coaches from the same jurassic tree.
Not saying you are wrong, but is the converse true as well? I mean, if the Habs do well on the road, is that a symptom of the other coaches being bad coaches who can't adjust. And if that's true, should all the coaches in the league be fired and replaced with HFBoard posters?

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The NASA Perseverance just landed on Mars. Now, you can actually see the land on Mars that you've purchased. :sarcasm:

What's your rationale on this -- is there anything new that has transpired since his Pittsburgh days? Carolina didn't even give him a chance.

Was being facetious, note the wink,some work,some fly under the radar:o

As for Mars , pass,seen Total Recall, not going to Mars, have had my fill of a bubble.:nod:

Reactions: Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Price's reaction when he realizes he's facing Lord Matthews and he still hasn't worked on that save over his right shoulder.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anyone else getting concerned at how poorly the Habs play on home ice?
Talked about it last year some. It can’t all be blamed on family demands or trying to put on a spectacle at home.
Coaching has to take it’s share of the blame. Poor preparation and overthinking line matchups comes to mind.
Good Montreal teams have always feasted on the home diet.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I will apply a Leafs fan special here...

Matthews against OTT and VAN ; 8GP 11G
Matthews against all other North teams ; 9GP 5G

Matthews is not a real all star player :sarcasm:

Yeah he's feasting on terrible teams & awful goaltending, but then so is McDavid. The whole "should this season have an asterix" argument on the mainboard had everything to do with McDavid putting up 5 points a game vs Sens. :laugh:

They're both having record personal seasons that they'll probably never match once they have to play the rest of the league again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hockey starts tomorrow at 12:30. A full day of ice and Jean-Guy*.

I met him at the SQDC. :sarcasm: :laugh: :thumbu:

Good job with the acronym, getting on a subject that ugh ... oh, never mind. :D

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad