Pre-Game Talk: Maple Leafs @ Canadiens FEB 20th 7pm EST

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
My first three vehicles were standards. 2 vans with three on the tree, painful, but the Chevy van had a 283 and could stay in second gear up to 100km hr. Damn thing was fast. Then I got a Civic 4 speed. Great little car, nothing would stop it. Today's transmissions are so well made, I couldn't be bothered with changing gears, but it is fun though, until you're stuck in stop and go traffic on a hill. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I get that he couldn't do it in Pittsburgh with Crosby and Malkin, but I like his odds in TO;)

The NASA Perseverance just landed on Mars. Now, you can actually see the land on Mars that you've purchased. :sarcasm:

What's your rationale on this -- is there anything new that has transpired since his Pittsburgh days? Carolina didn't even give him a chance.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Just don't go all Fast & Furious when you do get 'er out to play...we middle-aged ol' buggers aren't as good with the reflexes as we used to be...:laugh:
Texas toll roads let you drive pretty damn fast but the insurance is already pretty high on these cars so speeding tickets are not an option

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
It looks like it. I don't see effects of the depp since the defensive side of the game is crap from both defense and forwards. So basically should any of the Toffoli, Anderson or Petry stop putting points up, Habs are doomed. Where's the improvement?
You can look at this way (doom) or you can appreciate that they got 20 points out of 30 without some important pieces playing up to par. And that if those pieces start contributing more, the team is even better. Danault returns to form. KK figures it out offensively. Tatar plays like he did last year. Chiarot returns to form. Price steps it up as we all know he can.

Your doom outlook could be right. As a die-hard Habs fan, I'm hoping for the latter.

Reactions: Redux91

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
We have scored 50 goals so far this season and the three guys I mentioned have 25 of those. We need more from the rest of this lineup especially now that opposing teams have figured us out.
You're right. Danault won't finish the year with 0 goals. KK won't finish the year with 4. Nor will Drouin. Expect these guys to start popping a few shortly.

Reactions: Tyson

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It seems the Leafs will be 8 points ahead of the Habs Saturday.
Habs have 3 games in hand.

Really need that 2 points, if not, the Leafs will be 10 points ahead.
Leafs will be at their 3rd games in 4 nights.
As long as we stay out of the box and come out strong, Habs should win this.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...Habs should rrreeeeaaaallllllyyy try to fix that D-deployment issue they have before anything else...or else fast teams like the Leafs will run and so will Chairot...right out of position...

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

I don't care about first place. I want the team to distance itself from the other pretenders.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
If Edmonton OTLs/wins and Winnipeg wins tomorrow we will be relegated to 4th place.

Atleast we have games in hand.
As of tomorrow:
Toronto: 3
Edmonton: 4
Winnipeg: 2

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
not in the first period , as i'm expecting that we'll be rusty after spending so much time without playing , but yes i do think that it's gonna be an advantage for the second and mostly the 3rd period.

I'm on the same wave length. Hopefully Julien has them ready to go legs wise out of the gate. Real game execution will probably suffer to start. Not to mention no real travel for the Leafs and being on a roll keeps their energy up. If they beat us on Sat. they can open up a 10 point lead, making all the games in hand must wins to keep close to pace.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Just don't go all Fast & Furious when you do get 'er out to play...we middle-aged ol' buggers aren't as good with the reflexes as we used to be...:laugh:
Not to mention it's a ticket magnet and can get very expensive very quickly. :help:
Picture @The Real Timo's V6 EX-L and @Tyson's Challenger cruising the highway at 15 clicks above the speed limit. One car gets a ticket and one doesn't.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
So I should be cheering for Flames and Canucks tomorrow?
Hard to say. Points are so tight that even if those other two win it gets pretty intense. Too early to tell for me who should win or lose right now. From other teams than the Habs I have most confidence of being top 4 though as to be Winnipeg no mather what happens.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I will apply a Leafs fan special here...

Matthews against OTT and VAN ; 8GP 11G
Matthews against all other North teams ; 9GP 5G

Matthews is not a real all star player :sarcasm:

You forgot to mention Matthews against Habs; 3GP 0G

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad