Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Announce Qualifying Offers

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He isn't signing until Tavares makes up his mind obviously and likely won't until post july 1.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Ahh ok I thought anything about 105% of his previous contract was considered a QO.
I think we're into a bit of murky water here. I think the deal they'd like him to take would qualify. So long as it's a legit, registered (however it is done) offer. In his case, 105%.
You can't just toss a number at them is my point. It has to be a formal offer.

Reactions: JadedLeaf

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Goat and Marincin too.
Those two were a bit more up in the air.

Dubas raved about Marincin's progress this year. That could be typical GM speak or maybe he was being honest.

As for Goat, the organization is super thin at center with Altonen leaving. I think he has a shot at the 4th line but he better bust his azz this summer. I think this is Gauthier's last chance.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
No. You have to qualify him to retain his rights or he becomes a UFA
? I'm well aware of that lol

I was saying that the fact that he was just qualified now meant he hadn't received any offers previously in terms of extension negotiations, but then again that thinking was wrong because why would they formally give him paperwork offers if he didn't agree.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
He isn't signing until Tavares makes up his mind obviously and likely won't until post july 1.
Nylander heads list of Leafs getting qualifying offers
Nylander, the first of the ‘Big Three’ up for a new deal along with Mitch Marner and Auston Matthews, will be in line for a huge raise on his expiring entry-level contract after two productive NHL seasons. With 135 points in 185 games, it’s believed he’ll seek something near the six-year deal with an AVV of $6.67 million that his off-ice friend David Pastrnak managed to sign in slightly longer service in Boston.

Such length would also help the Leafs buy back a couple of years of free agency. Or Nylander could go shorter term on a bridge deal and let his talent do the talking for an even bigger pay day down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad