Speculation: Many doubt that Luke Gazdic can do more than just fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
I love this kid. If he continues his mold like Chris Neil he is going to have a very bright future!

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
He's a 6-8 minute guy who could be more. He's still young. People give stars time to develop their defensive game. Why expect more out of a grinder/fighter? I'm not expecting Neil. I'm hoping for a bigger Thornton

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He's a 6-8 minute guy who could be more. He's still young. People give stars time to develop their defensive game. Why expect more out of a grinder/fighter? I'm not expecting Neil. I'm hoping for a bigger Thornton

That's much more realistic.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Luke's TOI is 5.17. He is only 24 years. He can still develop. It is consensus in this thread that he will not be 10 minute player but surely he can develop to play more than 5 minutes. Tough fourth liners like Thornton are playing around 8 minutes

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Develop into a Chris Neil-lite? I think so, there seems to be a bit of player there and a guy who knows why he's here. I like this kid and if the work ethic is there from his end, he could develop into a useful player for the Oilers, imo.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
don't like to see many players get hurt, but it was kind of lucky that big mac did get hurt.
as least Gazdic is an NHL player.
I hope he can grow into an 8-10 minute player.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He needs coach Bombay to help him to work on his passing drills with raw eggs too. This guy cannot make or receive average NHL passes.

That's why he'll stick on the 4th line. If he learned how to do something with the puck or even be useful in front of the net he'd get top 6 shifts every now and then.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I like Gazdic as a regular in the line up, and MacIntyre called up for games like Vancouver. Hope that's how the Oilers play it.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
He's currently pretty terrible at hockey. I wouldn't count on him dramatically blossoming to the point where he isn't a liability, but anything is possible I guess.

He's a much better fighter then I thought he would be.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
That's why he'll stick on the 4th line. If he learned how to do something with the puck or even be useful in front of the net he'd get top 6 shifts every now and then.

Oh, god, no! JFJ but with worse AHL/Jr #'s. He belongs no where NEAR the top 6, at anytime, ever.

Has it been so long since the Oilers have been half way decent that none of us recognize a competant 4th liner?

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Oh, god, no! JFJ but with worse AHL/Jr #'s. He belongs no where NEAR the top 6, at anytime, ever.

Has it been so long since the Oilers have been half way decent that none of us recognize a competant 4th liner?

and JFJ was a descendant of 1st round draft pick Joe Hulbig. the oilers never seem to learn from their mistakes.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Receiving and giving the pass needs to practiced and then tested in the real game. The problem is that he is getting only 5 minutes a game. The season is lost anyway why don't we trade away some assets like Hemsky and Smyth for picks or help in somewhere else in the roster. We can give him after that 8-10 minute on even strengths and second pp time. Let him and other kids develop.

Zap Brannigan

May 23, 2004
uhhh you should know how to receive and give passes before you get to the NHL. its part of being a professional hockey player in the best hockey league in the world.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Receiving and giving the pass needs to practiced and then tested in the real game. The problem is that he is getting only 5 minutes a game. The season is lost anyway why don't we trade away some assets like Hemsky and Smyth for picks or help in somewhere else in the roster. We can give him after that 8-10 minute on even strengths and second pp time. Let him and other kids develop.

You can't be serious.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
uhhh you should know how to receive and give passes before you get to the NHL. its part of being a professional hockey player in the best hockey league in the world.

After a 2 second look at your posting history, 16 of your last 19 posts (spanning over a month) are you insulting Gazdic. I'm really starting to think he slept with your girlfriend or something

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
While I normally hate the "slept with your girlfriend" line, 16 of 19 is pretty funny. I mean, of all the things involving the Oilers you could endlessly harp on, why Gazdic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad