Manual Transmission Cars

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I'll take 1 992 GT3 Touring in Gentian Blue Metallic please. Ceramic brakes, exclusive leather interior, pedals in aluminum.

What do you mean I can't afford it?

• Haha
Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You're missing something. They almost made it look like an older Toyota Camry or something.
2020 WRX
1673553760586.jpeg

2021 WRX
1673553850818.jpeg

2022 WRX
IMG_6093-1024x624.jpg

2023 WRX
maxresdefault.jpg

I see a very similar car in all of them... just a couple very minor cosmetic differences that I think are near impossible to even identify unless you see them next to each other. Even then, I think the most prominent is the more streamlined look on the hood scoop, which I think looks better on the newer one. :dunno:

Reactions: beowulf

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Sad that we are losing manual transmissions, I have only had manual cars for the last 25 years or so and I know sooner or later I won't be able to get one anymore.

I want to know more about this though and hope it reaches production.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Sad that we are losing manual transmissions, I have only had manual cars for the last 25 years or so and I know sooner or later I won't be able to get one anymore.

I want to know more about this though and hope it reaches production.
Interesting.

One thing that would get me to consider an EV would be rowing my own gears, which a normal EV obviously doesn't need.

I normally can't stand EV's. This would at least make me think.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I hope to get a new gen Toyota GR86 or Subaru BRZ one of these days. The new Nissan 400z looks interesting too but I'm kinda scared of modern day Nissans.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
For the next few weeks while I still have my car I've been practicing double-clutching and Holy shit has it made my downshifts smooth.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Lol those options are worth more than my 3 car fleet lol I know the feeling
I definitely have never played around with the Porsche builder app, so I cannot tell you how expensive the approximately $15000 exclusive leather interior is, or that there is an extended version that adds about $4500 more to the price. Nor can I inform you that the carbon ceramic brakes run approximately $10000.

I wish I could be more informative but like I said, I have no idea.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
2020 WRX
View attachment 634190

2021 WRX
View attachment 634191

2022 WRX
IMG_6093-1024x624.jpg

2023 WRX
maxresdefault.jpg

I see a very similar car in all of them... just a couple very minor cosmetic differences that I think are near impossible to even identify unless you see them next to each other. Even then, I think the most prominent is the more streamlined look on the hood scoop, which I think looks better on the newer one. :dunno:

I agree. Very small differences over the last few years..

If you find the new one ugly you should probably have found it ugly for the last several years.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
oh my god the manual would be nice to have especially in this day and age of frequent car theft/car jacking.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
oh my god the manual would be nice to have especially in this day and age of frequent car theft/car jacking.
I really, really want a Lotus Emira.

I know about the legions of problems with the brand and the dealer network. But a hydraulic steering rack, short gear 6-speed, light, mid-engined chassis, great looks? I'm so in.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Good cars, but imo Subaru has never done it for me stylewise.

Me neither. Ever since they stopped making the 2 door STI, I haven't been impressed. Not a huge fan of 4 doors on a car meant to be sporty.

But now that kids are in the future, it seems to be the best bang for buck for AWD+manual+turbo.

Like, there's no competition unless you spend a lot more to get those 3 together.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Me neither. Ever since they stopped making the 2 door STI, I haven't been impressed. Not a huge fan of 4 doors on a car meant to be sporty.

But now that kids are in the future, it seems to be the best bang for buck for AWD+manual+turbo.

Like, there's no competition unless you spend a lot more to get those 3 together.
My cousin has the SRX. I'm not sure if it's AWD. He weighs over 400 pounds I was about 275 when We took it for a ride and I was pretty comfortable. Lots of room in the front, I like to stretch out when I drive so I slide the seat pretty far back. I had it all the way back and was annoyed I couldn't go back more. I am not sure how well it would do with a car seat in the back

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

My cousin has the SRX. I'm not sure if it's AWD. He weighs over 400 pounds I was about 275 when We took it for a ride and I was pretty comfortable. Lots of room in the front, I like to stretch out when I drive so I slide the seat pretty far back. I had it all the way back and was annoyed I couldn't go back more. I am not sure how well it would do with a car seat in the back

The car was fun to drive and handled well. I am used to driving V8s, and my BMW 645 is a V8 with a 6-speed manual that makes me a bit jaded and hard to impress. I suggest he put a tune on it to wake it up. If he did that it would rival a lot of cars on the road.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I just want to post in here that I've owned a '13 WRX hatch for the last 10 years and Subaru's are the most humongous piles of dog shit on the planet.

Get an automatic. f*** Subaru.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I just want to post in here that I've owned a '13 WRX hatch for the last 10 years and Subaru's are the most humongous piles of dog shit on the planet.

Get an automatic. f*** Subaru.
But my left foot is BORED!

That said, in an ideal world I'd have 1 RWD, manual sports car and 1 automatic daily driver with big enough rear seats to fit a child seat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad