Ansar Khan: Mantha's Arrival could be Quick

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Ideally Holland is able to take advantage of a team that needs to shed cap in a crunch during the offseason by trading 2 or 3 younger AHL/NHL tweener types (Pulkinnen maybe) + Tatar/ Jurco + other roster player (money/ cap reasons) for someone like say Patrick Sharp, or someone younger than him in a perfect world.

Okay turning the xbox off.

Wings just have too many people pushing their way onto the roster, and with Holland hanging onto guys for as long as he does... something needs to happen, right?

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
If Weiss can stay healthy and productive. I really see helm as the odd man out here. I can really see a trade of helm, kindl and one of our better dman prospects for an established top 4 righty. Let be real. With Weiss healthy. Out Center depth is pretty deep. And with a bunch of top nine wing prospects being close to the nhl. I can't see them continuing to put helm on the wing. Like someone said. By next season. Something's gonna give! But I won't get ahead of myself. Weiss healthy seems like a pipe dream as of right now. All though so far so good!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If Weiss can stay healthy and productive. I really see helm as the odd man out here. I can really see a trade of helm, kindl and one of our better dman prospects for an established top 4 righty. Let be real. With Weiss healthy. Out Center depth is pretty deep. And with a bunch of top nine wing prospects being close to the nhl. I can't see them continuing to put helm on the wing. Like someone said. By next season. Something's gonna give! But I won't get ahead of myself. Weiss healthy seems like a pipe dream as of right now. All though so far so good!

Totally agree with this.

I just hope all the time Capitals to drop in the standings, so Mike Green would maybe become available at the trade deadline.

helm + Kindl + Sproul
<>
Mike Green

Just pull the trigger.

T Low

Oct 18, 2008
I think this is why some of us are willing to part with Tatar as much as I love him as a player. I refuse to part with Nyquist and there's really no one else to trade that has value.

Trade Tats+ Big E for an upgrade and a combo of Jurco, Mantha and Pulks can replace him. Still have AA2 impressing as well. Nosek looked very impressive before his injury too.

Let the record state that I am not in this camp. Tatar brings too much to the team to be traded.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Let the record state that I am not in this camp. Tatar brings too much to the team to be traded.

Yeah, I really don't want to part with Tatar.

I'd rather package up Helm + a D Man at this point. Or even Franzen in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->