Value of: Mantha

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I’ve wanted Mantha with Barzal for years.

Bellows/Wahlstrom + Sorokin + 1st + Komarov cap dump + Hickey cap dump <> Mantha

EDIT:

Added Hickey as cap dump to make the cap work.

Sorokin + Komarov + Hickey = 7.5M

Mantha + 2 open roster spots = 5.7M + 900k + 900k = 7.5M

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Done deal.
My thoughts on it.
1st to dump Loui’s last 2 years of his contract, saving 12m in cap.

Pod and Hog for Mantha, Is fair.
Futures package for a future star Young tough winger with huge upside.

Use the saved cap to bring in another Winger or two and get some actual depth on this roster.

And I understand most Canucks fans are not going to like it.

Watching Horvat with Mantha would be just awesome

Reactions: Luckylarry

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
that would be quite the line. What would you offer?

I’m high on Mantha. I think he’s a legit sniper. He’s in the category of guys that have an elite shot and can beat goalies with it.

For contract purposes I would like to have Eberle in the deal. Mantha would ideally take his spot.

Not sure that DET would be interested in Eberle but they could probably flip him for more assets as they are a rebuilding team.

Then after that, Ideally for the isles they would add futures. I’d prefer picks to actual prospects. Yzerman likes picks because he tends to draft really well.

Obviously a 1st would be involved. I’d be willing to give up Holmstrom. I wouldn’t want to move Wahlstrom which DET would probably want.

All that considered I think it would be tough to make a deal between making the cap work and figuring out a package.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Mantha should be moved - he's now outside the age range of when this team might actually be competitive. If we're moving him though, getting yet another winger in return is dumb. Add if you need to, but he's gotta bring back someone who can play C or who might end up as 1LD.

Reactions: decaguard

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Love to have Mantha in Van. He’s a big, skilled, and hard to play against top six guy.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ill try for fun.

Canucks 1st (top 7 Protected) + Hoglander + Podkolzin + Capdump (Loui) For Mantha.

You have to wonder if it might not be smarter for the Canucks to wait a year until salary clears out and try to get some good UFA winger instead. Get next year's Toffoli and save your prospects.

Reactions: Go Wings

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Bro'me, y'all are just Djooing any random Namestnikov off the Stecher. If you want him, you got to Erne.
Well, this was fun while it lasted. You really put this on the Stecher.

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
They should trade him, but much value does he really have? I'd much rather have Burakovsky than him right now, and the avs only paid a second to get him. Guess it makes sense to trade him to the islanders for a first and defense prospect.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
They should trade him, but much value does he really have? I'd much rather have Burakovsky than him right now, and the avs only paid a second to get him. Guess it makes sense to trade him to the islanders for a first and defense prospect.
Hes definitely more valuable than Burokovsky come on now

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I’m high on Mantha. I think he’s a legit sniper. He’s in the category of guys that have an elite shot and can beat goalies with it.

For contract purposes I would like to have Eberle in the deal. Mantha would ideally take his spot.

Not sure that DET would be interested in Eberle but they could probably flip him for more assets as they are a rebuilding team.

Then after that, Ideally for the isles they would add futures. I’d prefer picks to actual prospects. Yzerman likes picks because he tends to draft really well.

Obviously a 1st would be involved. I’d be willing to give up Holmstrom. I wouldn’t want to move Wahlstrom which DET would probably want.

All that considered I think it would be tough to make a deal between making the cap work and figuring out a package.

No thanks on Eberle. Contract is too long, flipping him would cost retention for the Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad