Injury Report: Mantha

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
That's one of those "doesn't look really bad" injuries that takes months to heal form.

I hope not, though.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
That's one of those "doesn't look really bad" injuries that takes months to heal form.

I hope not, though.
If he is out a week Mantha would miss Carolina, Toronto, Philadelphia, Washington through November 30th. After December 2nd Wings have four days off. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him by December 7th.

Reactions: NotLeddy

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
The Wings have close to 100 man games lost to injury already. Dekeyser is still out indefintely, Green, Erne, Abdelkader. Mantha we cannot afford to lose him long term. Anthony has been great for us and one of a very few on this team that has had a great year so far.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If he is out a week Mantha would miss Carolina, Toronto, Philadelphia, Washington through November 30th. After December 2nd Wings have four days off. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him by December 7th.
Abby and Erne don't matter, but missing 2 of the top 4 D and now the leading scorer, that is going to make this team unwatchable. I'm watching the Caps because I'm a fan, but I think I'm probably gonna take a break from this s*** show until Mantha gets back.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Figure Puempel or Terry get called up? Or do you think Zadina gets a little taste?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why? Yeah let's bring up career AHLers. I hope it's Svech or Zadina.

I get that the board won't like it but Terry was leading the AHL in scoring not long ago and paces the Griffins in points. Puempel is leading them in goals. Both guys have played well and Yzerman has talked about keeping the kids I think outside of Svech away from this. While I hope it is Svech, I am also okay with them bringing up an older vet because this season really isn't about instant gratification. Zadina is on his first real AHL heater let him get his confidence going for a couple months and bring him up in the new year. Keep in mind I am not totally sure but I believe Seider, Veleno and Zadina all have the ability to slide their ELC still.

Yzerman on Tuesday:

“The message to them all at the start of the season was, ‘Go get a place in Grand Rapids. Get focused on playing, and don’t worry about being called up. And having said that, doesn’t mean you won’t be called up,’ ” Yzerman said. “There’s nothing set in stone. …
“It’s where we feel at the end of training camp or at this stage of the season where they’re all best suited to play. We want all of those young kids playing in a league where they’re improving, where they’re playing, where they’re having some success but it’s hard for them. So, you kind of decide: Is that in junior? Is that in Europe? Is that in the American Hockey League? Or in the NHL, for that matter? So, I don’t want to say it’s by design. We’re just trying to figure out, where’s the best place for each of these players to play now and develop and get better.”

https://detroitsportsnation.com/ste...ell/detroit-red-wings-news/11/21/2019/213126/

Last edited:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well it's Zadina. Nice!! I hope he plays with Bert and Larkin but they'll probably bump AA up there and he'll be on the 2nd line.

Reactions: golffuul

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Dang it. Going to the game tonight... Hopefully it's not a as bad as last time we played Carolina... not looking good without Mantha though. Hopefully Zadina can score and Wings pull off a win. Bringing the GF and her mom so... HOPEFULLY, it's not a complete waste and at least entertaining.

Still kind of can't believe they wont bring up Svechnikov to play against his little brother. Like... Pretty much a perfect opportunity for him right now. Leaning towards he doesn't have a future with the Red Wings at least. Cool to see Zadina get a shot though. Hopefully he can stick around and score like 20 goals/40-50 points( A guy can dream. )

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Why? Yeah let's bring up career AHLers. I hope it's Svech or Zadina.
Glad to see Zadina get called up. If Mantha is only out for four games, I figured they might reward Puempel or Terry for their contributions. Also, Zadina just got back from an injury not that long ago, but seems to have not missed a beat. So it seemed like it could be a 50/50 thing of who they brought up.

Really hope Zadina makes the most of his time.

Reactions: hkydave04

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Glad to see Zadina get called up. If Mantha is only out for four games, I figured they might reward Puempel or Terry for their contributions. Also, Zadina just got back from an injury not that long ago, but seems to have not missed a beat. So it seemed like it could be a 50/50 thing of who they brought up.

Really hope Zadina makes the most of his time.

Zadina is the hottest one in GR lately, so it makes sense to bring him up to Detroit. Svech is playing terrible in GR so far. Spends more time in the penalty box then on the ice. Puempel is still out with concussion for the past 3 games and hoping he will be back on the ice on Wednesday. Since Puempel's injury, Terry has cooled off in the past 3 games.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Zadina is the hottest one in GR lately, so it makes sense to bring him up to Detroit. Svech is playing terrible in GR so far. Spends more time in the penalty box then on the ice. Puempel is still out with concussion for the past 3 games and hoping he will be back on the ice on Wednesday. Since Puempel's injury, Terry has cooled off in the past 3 games.
Good to know. Thanks for the information! :)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I get that the board won't like it but Terry was leading the AHL in scoring not long ago and paces the Griffins in points. Puempel is leading them in goals. Both guys have played well and Yzerman has talked about keeping the kids I think outside of Svech away from this. While I hope it is Svech, I am also okay with them bringing up an older vet because this season really isn't about instant gratification. Zadina is on his first real AHL heater let him get his confidence going for a couple months and bring him up in the new year. Keep in mind I am not totally sure but I believe Seider, Veleno and Zadina all have the ability to slide their ELC still.

Yzerman on Tuesday:

https://detroitsportsnation.com/ste...ell/detroit-red-wings-news/11/21/2019/213126/
I wouldn't mind seeing some of the career AHLers, give them a little bonus money (NHL pay) for a couple of games for their hard work. Ehn has 3 more games, then he winds up being waivers eligible. Send EHn down, bring up the AHLers as extras. They might wind up sitting in the pressbox, but I'm sure they'll enjoy the extra pay.

They called up Zadina, I think he gets 9 games and if he doesn't light it up in those games then Svech will probably get called up.

Reactions: kliq

2xJack

Apr 19, 2019
Mantha's issue is almost certainly his knee. I think he'll be out a month, minimum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad