Confirmed with Link: Mantha traded to Washington

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Would you be upset if our would-be-pick (if he does "light it up")would have been a perennial all star blue chip prospect but instead we got the last pick in the first round because of some meaningless sentimental value?

If we’re not supposed to care about what Mantha is doing in Washington why on earth would we care about what a prospect, who was never in Detroit or its system, is doing?

Reactions: 14ari13

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If we’re not supposed to care about what Mantha is doing in Washington why on earth would we care about what a prospect, who was never in Detroit or its system, is doing?
What Mantha does or doesn't do affects our draft position. The pick is conditional to how they finish their season. I want them to have the quickest exit to insure the best possible draft pick for Detroit, you know the team we are all claiming to be our favorite?

Reactions: RedHawkDown

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
there isn't actually any difference in draft pick between them losing in the first or second round by the way

look at Tampa in 2019 for example, lost in the 1st round and still drafted 27th because they were the highest seed
You don't understand how it works.
The deeper a team advances in playoffs the later the pick.
If the teams are tied, which obviously they will be after getting knocked out in round 1 and 2, then the tiebreaker is the points they had in the regular season.

Christoph53

Jan 28, 2021
You don't understand how it works.
The deeper a team advances in playoffs the later the pick.
If the teams are tied, which obviously they will be after getting knocked out in round 1 and 2, then the tiebreaker is the points they had in the regular season.

It doesn´t matter whether you go out in the first or second round though.

All teams that lose in the first OR second round, not winning the division, are sorted by points and are the first ones to draft after the non-playoff teams

Last edited:
Reactions: ricky0034

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Mantha took that crosscheck to the face like a champ, that was a bad move by Buch. Lost respect for the man there.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
good lord have Caps fans always been this intolerable? Or is just after the Cup win?

I was rooting them on that year but man what it has wrought here on the forums.
99% of them are Ovechkin bandwagon fans who have never played hockey and don't have much hockey knowledge. I respect the ones that have been around since the pre-Jagr era, but I can't stand the newbies. The homerism there runs super strong, because their hockey knowledge is weak at best.

The Cup win just drew more bandwagon fans. They remind me of the old Redskins fans back in the 80's. Though I gotta say, Seattle Seahawk Superbowl bandwagon fans are even worse.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
99% of them are Ovechkin bandwagon fans who have never played hockey and don't have much hockey knowledge. I respect the ones that have been around since the pre-Jagr era, but I can't stand the newbies. The homerism there runs super strong, because their hockey knowledge is weak at best.

The Cup win just drew more bandwagon fans. They remind me of the old Redskins fans back in the 80's. Though I gotta say, Seattle Seahawk Superbowl bandwagon fans are even worse.

I still think all the Blackhawk fans who suddenly appeared in 2009 are the most intolerable.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I still think all the Blackhawk fans who suddenly appeared in 2009 are the most intolerable.
Probably a few years ago yes I'd agree, but they've gone mostly quiet these days.

Now it's the Cap fans thinking there's never been a player like Wilson before in the NHL and acting like Washington is a dynasty. I was a little surprised so many were totally cool with not bringing back the coach that finally got them to the Stanley Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->