Proposal: Mantha to Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I understand entirely that Mantha is not having the best year.
20 Points in 39 games is light for his standards.
That being said, I am a Huge Fan of Mantha, I still think he could be a top line power forward, with a boomer of a shot.

I am willing to take that gamble.

Here is my Offer -

Canucks Trade - Nils Hoglander + 1st Round pick (Most likely top 10 pick) + Jake Virtanen (Mini Cap dump with potential to make the numbers work)
For
Detroit Trades: Anthony Mantha

Summary: Canucks Get a high potential young Power Forward who can play on both the 1st and 2nd lines. They take on his 5.7m Cap Hit for the next few years in the deal.

Detroit Gets a highly skilled tenacious prospects in Nils Hoglander + A top Draft pick in a wild Draft year.
Detroit also gets next years contract in Jake Virtanen who does have some "boom" potential, to make the numbers work out.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: evolutionbaby

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
That being said, I am a Huge Fan of Mantha, I still think he could be a top line power forward, with a boomer of a shot.

Here is my Offer -

Canucks Trade - Nils Hoglander + 1st Round pick (Most likely top 10 pick) + Jake Virtanen (Mini Cap dump with potential to make the numbers work)
For

Summary: Canucks Get a high potential young Power Forward who can play on both the 1st and 2nd lines. They take on his 5.7m Cap Hit for the next few years in the deal.

Detroit Gets a highly skilled tenacious prospects in Nils Hoglander + A top Draft pick in a wild Draft year.
Detroit also gets next years contract in Jake Virtanen who does have some "boom" potential, to make the numbers work out.

Thoughts?

Sure, why not.

Reactions: Canucks LB

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Jesus, this is not gonna be well received by your Canucks brethren.

Detroit takes this and runs.

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I wouldn’t do this if I was Vancouver. That’s a truck load to give up for Mantha.
Im a huge fan of Mantha, I feel he would work so well on our top 6.
Losing a 1st is tough in the deal, but you gotta give to get.
Virtanen is basically a cap dump as this points.
Hoglander has talent, I just feel having Pod and Mantha with Horvat on our 2nd line has crazy skill and grit, It's way to good to just ignore potentially.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

Here is my Offer -

For

Thoughts?
I'm thinking you just might have outed yourself as Jim Benning

Kudos for making a generous offer. Rather refreshing
jim-benning-won-training-camp-804x620.jpg

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I feel like mantha’s current form and his contract kinda make him for Hoglander 1 for 1 something not ridiculous.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I'm yah sorry not happening from Vancouver's end. We're not one player away and Hoglander could wind up better than Mantha. The first as well gonna be a high pick. Just awful for Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad