Value of: Mantha to MTL

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Curious.... with Detroits depth at wing, what would Mantha cost to get him in MTL.

We have a slew of small-ish wingers in MTL, personally I would like to see a bigger winger to help fill out our top 6.

Just trying to gauge value here.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Nathan Beaulieu +, OR ++.

Detroit needs defense, they might want someone more established though.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Nathan Beaulieu +, OR ++.

Detroit needs defense, they might want someone more established though.

I'd make that deal. Montréal needs another top 6 forward, unless Shaw is to play that role. I don't know if Mantha is a foxhole type of guy, though, flashes of Vanek.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd make that deal. Montréal needs another top 6 forward, unless Shaw is to play that role, I'd rather him on the 3rd line. I don't know if Mantha is a foxhole type of guy, though, flashes of Vanek.

I'm a neutral fan on this, hopefully some Detroit fans can chime in on this to paint a clearer picture.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Beaulieu is probably our best option for Weber's left side.....but I would include him in a deal for Mantha. Our d prospects are much more exciting than our forward prospects (especially with Sergachev :naughty:) and I think we can fill that void internally for defence.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Wouldn't trade Mantha for Beaulieu, he adds nothing to the Wings. Montreal doesn't have anything realistic for Detroit to trade Mantha.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
The wings have the same problem with small wingers, so Mantha fills a need for them.
Combine that with him really starting to find his game this year (11 points in 9 playoff games, leading the griffs) the wings cant let him go for anything less than something equal defensively. I know this place loves its shiny new toy, but between giant men taking longer to develop and the wings slow cooker method, I think Mantha will be a top 6 forward very soon. I only move him for Sergachev, understanding the habs wont do it.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lol, what's that... ? Moving a top 4 dman that can skate and play the left side at 23 for a player that's AHL bound and has his own issues and a plus to that ?
God people are sleeping on Beaulieu

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Lol, what's that... ? Moving a top 4 dman that can skate and play the left side at 23 for a player that's AHL bound and has his own issues and a plus to that ?

If you consider the potential upside of the player, then Beaulieu really isn't much to sway Detroit to move him to a division rival. You may be right, maybe it's not fair value. It's not enough of an overpayment, either....(if at all).

habsolutle

Dec 4, 2014
I think detroits fan are overrating mantha ..Beaulieu has more value at this point..we know beaulieu is a top 4d atm and he has the tools to be even better..mantha will be 22 in september and has 10 games under is belt. I hope mantha make the roster this year so we can see

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Wouldn't move Mantha for a Beaulieu based deal. While he may be the better player right now I don't see that being true for long. We need Mantha anyway.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown

Awesome job at showing you are completely clueless about what you are talking about.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

Beaulieu has yet to prove he's a good top 4 D, sure he can skate and play the left side, a bunch of guys in the minors can also "skate and play the left side", what else can he do? Not that much...

What are you talking about with Mantha's own issues, AHL bound, really? He's looking like an excellent prospect who really came into his own late in the year and in the AHL playoffs, he was considered very immature physically coming into the pros and his game has improved big time year to year, he's 21 ffs.

I'd consider this deal, there are guys who can do Beaulieu's job every single UFA season for cheap money, 6"5 RH elite goal scorers don't come around too often.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I think detroits fan are overrating mantha ..Beaulieu has more value at this point..we know beaulieu is a top 4d atm and he has the tools to be even better..mantha will be 22 in september and has 10 games under is belt. I hope mantha make the roster this year so we can see

He isn't a top 4 Dman atm but i'm rather sick of arguing this point with Habs fans. Mid point last season (the last time I had this argument), I pointed out that of the 7 qualified Habs Dmen, Beaulieu had the lowest ATOI, easiest zone starts, and worst Corsi. Beaulieu is nothing but more of the same in Detroit.

Forgeticus

Jul 18, 2016
He isn't a top 4 Dman atm but i'm rather sick of arguing this point with Habs fans. Mid point last season (the last time I had this argument), I pointed out that of the 7 qualified Habs Dmen, Beaulieu had the lowest ATOI, easiest zone starts, and worst Corsi. Beaulieu is nothing but more of the same in Detroit.

Agreed. The simple fact is Detroit isn't going to move Months period. At least not for someone that doesn't fill their need for a d-man in any significant way.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't think MTL moves Sergachev for Mantha tbh.

Value-wise, Beaulieu is probably not too far off Mantha imo. If he doesn't fit DET's needs I get it, but I really don't think the value is horrible.

A + from MTL would be required, but it's probably a 2nd or B prospect imo.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
The Wings lack size at forward, and need a top 2 D-man, not a top 4. I don't see these two teams being dance partners, at least not for these players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad