Manny Machado's post season. Where from here?

vancity787

Jul 3, 2010
Langley
As a baseball fan. And a purist of sorts. I couldnt help but be over frustrated with watchin Manny Machado conduct himself over these last couple of weeks.

Im obviously not the only one. Yankees have voiced displeasure and Im sure the rest of Major league baseball was paying attention.

Yankees have reportedly waned from the original agressive approach to Manny Machado this offseason.

MLB rumors: Yankees cooling on Dodgers' Manny Machado following 2018 World Series?

Personally I've never been more angry and frustrated watching a supreme talent act like a supreme jackass.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's gonna get paid. He's a HoF talent and only 26. Someone is gonna throw big bucks at him. Probably NYY or Philadelphia.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
He blew a bubble while trying to score and send the game into extra innings. He was thrown out at home.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Still think he's looking at 300m+. Just too talented and young. I know people hate low effort players (I was quite fond of his "hustling ain't my cup of tea" comment) but you can't argue with production and at least he's up front about it. Better than hauling ass in a contract year and then stopping once the cash rolls in. Teams know what they're signing up for.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yankees don’t need him at all. I don’t see why they would back up the Brinks truck for him. You have Andujar, Didi, Torres, Voit/Bird and they are all young. Get your rotation fixed.

Reactions: Belieber

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
TblEAzI.png

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
McDonald's. He is a bum who is only out for himself.

Don't be surprised if he gets hit by a lot of pitches in either the NL or the AL next season. He has made a LOT of enemies. If I was the Brewers or the Red Sox, he gets hit every game he plays next year against those teams. MLB should have done more than a $10k fine. That was a slap on the wrist when Machado needed a kick in the pants for the several illegal things that he did on the field. He should have sat out for at least 1 game.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Just think, that is how he acted while playing for a World Series in the most important season of his career, his big contract year, while in his absolute prime. I can't stand the guy but he will help a team like the Phillies win games. Hope the Yankees pass on him and go for pitching and maybe Harper just for some video game like fun.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'd love him on the Braves.

Braves pick him up after they trade for Realmuto (which they have to include Riley) after Manny agrees to play 3rd.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't want him for the money he's going to command. Hell of a player, but can't believe some of the crap he pulled. You can't bust your ass in the f***ing world series?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
If he knows he's a better 3B than a SS, I have to wonder what makes him want to play SS more.

I don’t know about you but Manny seems like the kind of guy who might be more of a ‘me first’ kind of guy rather than a team player and maybe even have a bit of an ego. Just a weird feeling I get from him.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
If he knows he's a better 3B than a SS, I have to wonder what makes him want to play SS more.

Well, you get more action like covering the bag on steals or base hits and turning double plays. You also will get a much larger contract if a team values you as a Shorstop who can hit like him vs a corner infielder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad