Signing(s): Manny Machado with the Padres (10 years, $300 million)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
And the White Sox aren't even the most relevant baseball team in their own city.
grab-2016-10-25-08h07m43s151.png

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
How old is that pic? No Cubs on there either. :laugh:
Googled "chiefs colts week 8" and the game says it was played 10/30/16

Cubs won just a few days later on 11/2. My uncle who lived in the St Louis area and was a big Cardinals fan died that day. Life is crazy sometimes.

MikeCubs

May 30, 2018
White Sox's attempts to recruit Machado may have backfired as Alonso, Jay spoke highly of San Diego

Alonso and Jay both have meaningful relationships with Machado, and each played in San Diego

Snip-
Here's more via James Fegan of The Athletic:
"They talked greatly about San Diego, they never stopped talking about it," Machado said. "Yonder loves it. Jon did as well. They're just happy for me and for our family and for our situation. At the end of the day, I'm going to see them quite a bit here in Arizona and we're always going to be a phone call away and talk every day."​
Whoops.

:laugh:

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Padres would be better off going after Keuchel and a lesser name like Gio Gonzalez instead of Harper. Keuchel can be the guy to anchor a young rotation. Keuchel would benefit from playing half of the games at Petco. Gio is a guy you keep around for a year or 2 until their young pitchers are ready. With Machado I think they have enough offense. Margot is a guy I can see breaking out this season. Hunter Renfroe had a ridiculous 2nd half last season.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
After a down first year of his contract, Machado is back to playing like a MVP candidate. If he keeps it up, it’ll be a very good signing for the Padres as they enter contention

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
After a down first year of his contract, Machado is back to playing like a MVP candidate. If he keeps it up, it’ll be a very good signing for the Padres as they enter contention

I imagine the first 7 will be good, and after that we'll see.

Its hard for me to say a team thats been to the playoffs all of 4 times since they were founded are going to be consistent contenders but Preller's rebuild v2 has worked out so far. The first one blew up so bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad