Manny Machado Sweepstakes

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Phillies need to match the years, beat the AAV, AND sign Harper. Get two 26 year old stars, both at positions of need for straight cash. Which they have lots of.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
To me kinda feels like Machado and his agent are waiting for the Yankees to enter the race which they probably won't. Machado wants to play for the Yankees but he also wants to get paid and it's Sox and Phillies throwing the money at him. I could be wrong.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
To me kinda feels like Machado and his agent are waiting for the Yankees to enter the race which they probably won't. Machado wants to play for the Yankees but he also wants to get paid and it's Sox and Phillies throwing the money at him. I could be wrong.

This sounds about right to me. Sometimes you can't have both... actually that is the case most of the time. If there's only one place you truly want to go then you're giving away all leverage. Yankees have already made moves this offseason to bolster their infield in the short term and they weren't exactly lacking there in the first place. If you want to get paid then you go where the most money is. Lebron comes to mind as a guy who has gotten to not only choose his destination but also his paycheque. I guess you could say Tavares as well on a much lower scale this past offseason.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I think whichever team signs him will regret it almost immediately

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but I think whichever team signs him will regret it almost immediately

Why would they regret it almost immediately being how young he is? He shoulnd't start declining until about 5-6 years into the deal.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Reading into this for what its worth (not much given its just his father) but the White Sox would be team that everyone discounted as real contenders for him before offseason started despite the talk from ownership/management that they were willing to spend to improve club now and going forward

And Sox are team that really outside of Chicago doesn't have much appeal/fanfare

I just want this to end already (Along with Harper saga) so MLB offseason can move along and we can start getting ready for 2019 White Sox season

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Reading into this for what its worth (not much given its just his father) but the White Sox would be team that everyone discounted as real contenders for him before offseason started despite the talk from ownership/management that they were willing to spend to improve club now and going forward

And Sox are team that really outside of Chicago doesn't have much appeal/fanfare

I just want this to end already (Along with Harper saga) so MLB offseason can move along and we can start getting ready for 2019 White Sox season

I do have some appeal for your White Sox, here's hoping for some good news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->