Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Was at the game on the same side Leon came down, what a snipe in OT. Felt bad for Berdin on that 2-2 goal. At first, I thought the refs were idiots for not blowing the whistle (which I will say, they've blew it for less than that before) but upon seeing the replay it was a good goal. Plus, got to see Gawanke in OT :naughty:

Nice 2a game for Gustafsson. I thought Kovacevic and Beaudoin both had good games.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Does anyone have a scouting report on Gawanke this season?

He is putting up solid numbers in his rookie season, seems promising but so did Brendan Kitchon. Curious if he has any promise to his game?

A dude on my Twitter timeline, who is the self-professed President of the Jansen Harkins fan club, is extremely high on Gawanke. Jacob Stoller, who also writes for Inside AHL Hockey as a Moose correspondent, sees NHL upside in his game.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
A dude on my Twitter timeline, who is the self-professed President of the Jansen Harkins fan club, is extremely high on Gawanke. Jacob Stoller, who also writes for Inside AHL Hockey as a Moose correspondent, sees NHL upside in his game.

Thanks! Good follow for Moose content, thanks for pointing to his twitter account.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Does anyone have a scouting report on Gawanke this season?

He is putting up solid numbers in his rookie season, seems promising but so did Brendan Kitchon. Curious if he has any promise to his game?

From what I have seen of him, his skating is a lot like Niku, he is very fast in his first few strides. His defending is also similar, in breaking down in coverage. I would say he has a better chance of cracking the Jets regular lineup than Niku, because he is getting PK reps I do believe, as well as PP reps. Probably behind Kovacevic on the development ladder. Kovacevic seems ready made to take Poolman's spot after next year. Gawanke could be the internal replacement for Niku, as an offensive prospect, by the end of next year. Definitely a promising first season.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Los Angeles Reassigns Daniel Brickley to Moose - Manitoba Moose

Missed this yesterday, seems very strange. Like an AHL trade but with players on NHL contracts?

Brickly was signed by LA as a Un-drafted college player. He played with Seuss on Mankato and we were hoping Seuss at the time would use his influence to have him join him in Wpg.

I like Spacek but it appears he has a hard time putting his promise he shows at training camp into a full consistent season with the Moose.

Reactions: hn777

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
A couple of years ago Spacek scored a lot of goals on the PP basically from the circle. Last year he wasn't playing that spot and his scoring declined. I guess they wanted to see what else he could do and the answer wasn't anything special. More of the same this year.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Crazy Eyes thinks he is Berdin and engages behind the net = Wild Goal. Chibisov plays the Jets style board game = Moose goal. Gus stands out in a good way. Maybe Stanley could hit someone once in a while? No point in being big if you don't hit anyone. Lipon, the captain next year, roofs it for the win it in the shootout.

Reactions: hn777 and jefferoni

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Moose still 27th in both points and win%. Meaningless garbage time wins just hurting our draft position. :sarcasm:

At least the Wolves aren't doing much better. #f***vegasfarmteam.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Crazy Eyes thinks he is Berdin and engages behind the net = Wild Goal. Chibisov plays the Jets style board game = Moose goal. Gus stands out in a good way. Maybe Stanley could hit someone once in a while? No point in being big if you don't hit anyone. Lipon, the captain next year, roofs it for the win it in the shootout.

Speaking of captains, where is Stoykewych this year? Hurt? Or just scratched frequently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->