Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I was at the game on Friday:

Thought Ves was solid in that one and had a couple of great chances but didn't convert. Some players take a while to really get comfortable and I think Ves is still adjusting. I'm not too concerned, this is the age were young players from NA typically start in the AHL.

Stanley was ok but was prone to running around in his own end a bit. I still think he is a long shot to be anything more then a number 5/6 dmen

Niku played well and moved the puck quite well. I didn't see where he got injured.

Harkins, Mackenzie, Spacek all played well and generated some chances.

Berdin was overplaying the puck and still needs to work on his angles a bit.
can u tell them how horrible shilling is though.. i was there also and man does he make alot of mistakes and lose coverage.

a for ves i thought he was meh and lazy but then picked up his game as we were trying to make the comeback. lipon was great in his role just tenacious on the forecheck. chibasov was real real good i can see him being called up if needed def pro ready size and strength

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
can u tell them how horrible shilling is though.. i was there also and man does he make alot of mistakes and lose coverage.

a for ves i thought he was meh and lazy but then picked up his game as we were trying to make the comeback. lipon was great in his role just tenacious on the forecheck. chibasov was real real good i can see him being called up if needed def pro ready size and strength

Yeah not sure why we are dressing mediocre vet dmen. Green, Kovacevik and Gawake should all be playing.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Speaking of Lipon ..... I think he would a lot better than Letestu in that 4th line role and would bring energy and grit.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Niku still out with a LBI... :(

Th timing of this really sucks. With how thin we are on D I really felt this was the season Sami would establish himself. I guess it’s still only mid October but the lingering LBI injuries can be a killer.

Reactions: jefferoni and hn777

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I will be at the game on Friday. Heard from a friend that he felt Louto and Chibisov were not ready for the NHL game yet and it was the right thing to send them down. They both struggled at times. The grind is a lot different here then it is in Europe

Reactions: Duke749

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I will be at the game on Friday. Heard from a friend that he felt Louto and Chibisov were not ready for the NHL game yet and it was the right thing to send them down. They both struggled at times. The grind is a lot different here then it is in Europe

I'm curious how they reached that decision on Luoto. He played a lot in preseason, and looked sharp to me game after game. Most tenacious of all our forwards in preseason, constantly hounding the puck, and he could dish a good pass. Probably had the best metrics on the PK. Seemed like a replacement for Armia. Given that Bourque and Letestu are not exactly dominating, I hope he gets the call. Chibisov should be right behind him.

It's easy to send Letestu down, and Gustafsson back to make the room.

Reactions: hn777

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It's getting close to the time for both the Jets and Moose to start experimenting with a 4F-1D configuration, methinks. :help:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Fun high scoring game last night. Moose give up a lot of shots and the PKing sucks as much as the Jets does

Stanley was good I think he got hurt though
Vesa was looking much better and was Dangerous out there
Kovacevic was the best D man overall for the Moose, scored a nice goal. Played a lot in the 3rd
Louto and Chibisov were good. Louto got into a fight and was annoying most of the night. Chibs was ok I thought but disappeared for portions of the game
Suess was one of the best forwards for the Moose, if anyone deserves a call up he does.
Berdin was great

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Fun high scoring game last night. Moose give up a lot of shots and the PKing sucks as much as the Jets does

Stanley was good I think he got hurt though
Vesa was looking much better and was Dangerous out there
Kovacevic was the best D man overall for the Moose, scored a nice goal. Played a lot in the 3rd
Louto and Chibisov were good. Louto got into a fight and was annoying most of the night. Chibs was ok I thought but disappeared for portions of the game
Suess was one of the best forwards for the Moose, if anyone deserves a call up he does.
Berdin was great
Good review!

Thanks Joe.

If only someone would post a review of last night's game. :)

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Vesalainen preformed so well in 2017-18 in Europe, that it seemed we had struck good. Now it looks like Vesalainen either cannot adjust to the North American style, has receded, or just does not have the talent to make it to the big club. Shame, really.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Vesalainen preformed so well in 2017-18 in Europe, that it seemed we had struck good. Now it looks like Vesalainen either cannot adjust to the North American style, has receded, or just does not have the talent to make it to the big club. Shame, really.
i think its just work ethic he sucked in the pre season when he knew there was spots to be won.. and maybe hes sulking in the minors but he needs to take a step this year and show he can get better

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

Sami Niku: “We’re still treating his lower-body injury. So he would be, maybe a player this weekend, but right now I don’t think he is. But next week I think he should be back.”

Skyler McKenzie: “Skyler is a potential this weekend.”

Logan Stanley: “Stanley is out four weeks. At least four weeks.” When asked to clarify what the injury is being classified as coach Vincent said “mid body”.

Luke Green: “Green was wearing a gold jersey so he was a skater. We need to test him full practice before he’s a player. So he’s a potential this weekend.”

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He had his issues in Europe too. Was pretty ineffective unless he was on the powerplay. I think it's more that he has to learn how to play 5 on 5 than him not adjusting to NA.

Reactions: hn777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad