Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Copp pushes him to 4C. That pretty much makes him expendable with or without Gus.

Gus isn't ready to replace Lowry. Not by a country mile. Lowry can still matchup against the best in the league. If anything I'd move Roslovic back into the top 6 over Appleton, and make a checking line of Copp-Lowry-Appleton. One that can win a lot of one on one battles. Appleton and Roslovic are interchangeable players.

Harkins is playing well, but I don't think he is blowing the door down. So Harkins-Shore and whoemever you want to plug into the 4th line RW position.

Gus can use the development minutes. Get steady PK reps, and some PP time. Let him develop. If anything the Jets have an insurance policy if Lowry gets injured next year. I would have him competing for a roster spot with a Shore-like player at 4C out of TC, but only he if is ready to play regular minutes on the PK. I think some better wingers than he started the year with, and a year physical and mental maturity would help his production from that spot.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Comrie as a Jets backup would be a bad idea. I don't want him anywhere near the Jets. My view was reinforced by a stunningly bad yawning cage goal he let in on Wednesday.

Moose on a bit of a slide right now.

Berding seems to be struggling a bit in his first year as a starter. He is going to need at least another year or two before he is ready for the NHL imo.

For all the flack he gets Comrie has been a pretty consistent AHL goalie over the last 3 seasons with .916 or better each year he's been on the Moose. I still wonder if the plan isn't to have him as the backup next year due to his cheap one-way deal. Can't see them having the cash to bring back Brossoit if they are serious about really fixing our holes this summer.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Comrie as a Jets backup would be a bad idea. I don't want him anywhere near the Jets. My view was reinforced by a stunningly bad yawning cage goal he let in on Wednesday.

I don't either just speculating what might be the plan by the org.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Gus isn't ready to replace Lowry. Not by a country mile. Lowry can still matchup against the best in the league. If anything I'd move Roslovic back into the top 6 over Appleton, and make a checking line of Copp-Lowry-Appleton. One that can win a lot of one on one battles. Appleton and Roslovic are interchangeable players.

Harkins is playing well, but I don't think he is blowing the door down. So Harkins-Shore and whoemever you want to plug into the 4th line RW position.

Gus can use the development minutes. Get steady PK reps, and some PP time. Let him develop. If anything the Jets have an insurance policy if Lowry gets injured next year. I would have him competing for a roster spot with a Shore-like player at 4C out of TC, but only he if is ready to play regular minutes on the PK. I think some better wingers than he started the year with, and a year physical and mental maturity would help his production from that spot.

Copp has shown that he is a better C than Lowry. Lowry is a 4C. I'm trading him before next season. So Copp plays 3C and someone else plays 4C. Could be Shore. Could be Gus. Could be someone else.

Reactions: Mbraunm and hn777

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Brossoit is putting up an .888 this year...and Comrie's probably a downgrade. Not sure who's paying Brossoit more than minimum to play for them...hopefully not the Jets.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Yes, Brossoit will be cheap. I would be fine with him as a cheap backup next year. I have no idea how the expansion draft plays into all this. Somehow Comrie is the guy to be exposed?

Brossoit is putting up an .888 this year...and Comrie's probably a downgrade. Not sure who's paying Brossoit more than minimum to play for them...hopefully not the Jets.

Reactions: hn777

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Copp has shown that he is a better C than Lowry. Lowry is a 4C. I'm trading him before next season. So Copp plays 3C and someone else plays 4C. Could be Shore. Could be Gus. Could be someone else.

Right now Lowry is a better top 9 player than Harkins, Perreault and other option. He can still play against the best centres in the league. Even if he plays the wing, I want Adam Lowry on my team. Especially after losing Buff. Just don't want him with Perreault, because they play different styles. If the PK is doing better without him, because of Copp, I suggest that the PP could do better with Lowry as a net front presence and solid on the draw.

I think the offseason is when the negotiations start, and if he isn't going to stay the draft might be the trade window. If the Jets feel Gustafsson is ready, with Little back, and Harkins developing, the Jets will still have a fair number of centres, and the option to move him. I think Copp is a better investment for a $4 million plus center. But I am a big Adam Lowry fan by the same token.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Right now Lowry is a better top 9 player than Harkins, Perreault and other option. He can still play against the best centres in the league. Even if he plays the wing, I want Adam Lowry on my team. Especially after losing Buff. Just don't want him with Perreault, because they play different styles. If the PK is doing better without him, because of Copp, I suggest that the PP could do better with Lowry as a net front presence and solid on the draw.

I think the offseason is when the negotiations start, and if he isn't going to stay the draft might be the trade window. If the Jets feel Gustafsson is ready, with Little back, and Harkins developing, the Jets will still have a fair number of centres, and the option to move him. I think Copp is a better investment for a $4 million plus center. But I am a big Adam Lowry fan by the same token.

I will just have to disagree with you. Lowry never had much offense. He has lost what little he had. He is no more than a 4C. Much as I like parts of his play, I think it is time to move on.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The Moose aren't producing all that much though. Moose, Bridgeport and San Jose are at the bottom.

Below average every game compared to every other AHL team.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Moose aren't producing all that much though. Moose, Bridgeport and San Jose are at the bottom.

Below average every game compared to every other AHL team.
If they're trying to play the Jets' system but they don't get the AHL's equivalent of Vezina goaltending or the Jets high-octane powerplay, then I think they're about where they should be.

Reactions: Mbraunm and surixon

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Tough night for the defense. Reichel keeps playing well. Hope he gets a 2-way contract for next year.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Do I ever! Great poster! Random thoughts popping in your head? Must be that missed flight, dam that’s too bad. What was the issue at the airport?

really high winds and that caused all sorts of problems with planes that couldn’t land. We landed in Hamilton refueled and made it to Toronto 2 hours late. I guess that must have happened to quite a few planes and once they had so many displaced passengers they went in the tank. They were trying to reroute me out to Montreal and then down to Miami but I bailed. I kept getting notices of a delay in Montreal it ended up I would have got into Miami after 1:00 in the morning and missed everything. I felt smart leaving AC and trying to grab the first WestJet flight back to Winnipeg and I was set until WestJet cancelled the flights out of GTA last night. First flight out today they could bet me on was 7:30 PM.

Either way it’s all good first world problems a d I was due.

Reactions: irunthepeg

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
really high winds and that caused all sorts of problems with planes that couldn’t land. We landed in Hamilton refueled and made it to Toronto 2 hours late. I guess that must have happened to quite a few planes and once they had so many displaced passengers they went in the tank. They were trying to reroute me out to Montreal and then down to Miami but I bailed. I kept getting notices of a delay in Montreal it ended up I would have got into Miami after 1:00 in the morning and missed everything. I felt smart leaving AC and trying to grab the first WestJet flight back to Winnipeg and I was set until WestJet cancelled the flights out of GTA last night. First flight out today they could bet me on was 7:30 PM.

Either way it’s all good first world problems a d I was due.
Similar experience here cancelled flight now trying again this am.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I wonder if this next Moose bobblehead is going to be bigger than the previous ones? :laugh:

I would alter that a bit and call him a STANdoubt. And don't give up the day job just yet, Logan. You have to get more whine in your voice for a good Seinfeld parody. Talk to Scheifele, he can probably give you some pointers. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad