Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
41 of those PIMs came within the past 8 games. 4 fights, one 10 minute misconduct for fighting before the puck was dropped, one 10 minute misconduct for instigating. So that's at least 30 minutes that didn't put the team down right there. - Make that 40.

EDIT: Actually the puck drop came earlier in the season, the more recent one was 10 minutes for unsportsmanlike, so there's 50 PIMs that aren't off-setting. Still a lot of game time to be missing for misconducts though. Some coincidental minors here and there too.
Don't get me wrong... I love watching JC play. He's intense and gets his team fired up, and most likely wears the A for that very reason. However, over the years I have occasionally seen him unable to control his emotions and take dumb retaliatory penalties. That's why I said "In the past he's sometimes been more Lemieux than Tanev".

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The difference between Lipon and Tanev is speed / quickness, and it's not very close. Tanev was effective with the Jets because he complemented Lowry, who took advantage of the chaos created by Tanev and his speed. I'm not sure Lipon would be that effective at the NHL level because his hits would mostly come after the D had moved the puck, not before when it would create actual opportunities for the Jets.

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Highlights from the JC Lipon show...

No hat-trick for that 3 goal performance. :laugh:

I've been suggesting for a couple of years now that Lipon should be our 4RW. He has grit and he has some talent too. Not great talent at the NHL level, but 4th line talent.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
In the past he's sometimes been more Lemieux than Tanev...

I don't think he crossed the Lemieux line. He's an agitator and is not afraid to fight, even much bigger guys. Sticks up for teammates. I think it is the positive type of grit, not so much the random, foolish, Lemieux kind.

Reactions: jefferoni

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The difference between Lipon and Tanev is speed / quickness, and it's not very close. Tanev was effective with the Jets because he complemented Lowry, who took advantage of the chaos created by Tanev and his speed. I'm not sure Lipon would be that effective at the NHL level because his hits would mostly come after the D had moved the puck, not before when it would create actual opportunities for the Jets.

True. I don't think Lipon is a Tanev replacement. He is not slow though. He plays a high energy game. He would be good on the 4th line.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't think he crossed the Lemieux line. He's an agitator and is not afraid to fight, even much bigger guys. Sticks up for teammates. I think it is the positive type of grit, not so much the random, foolish, Lemieux kind.

We trade away all of our players that have grit. We better be careful what we ask for

Or let them walk lol

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com

Peter Stoykewych: “Long-term. We don’t know if he is going to come back.”

Luke Green: "Long term".

Ryan White: "Day-to-day. I'm not sure if he's going to skate tomorrow. We are hopeful for the weekend."

JC Lipon: "Lower-body. We hope tomorrow he's going to skate. Right now the plan is, depending on how he feels in the morning, he should be skating tomorrow and we're hopeful that it's going to go well enough so he can play this weekend."

Joona Luoto: "Is out for the season. Needed surgery. Upper-body. So he's not going to return for the season.”

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Peter Stoykewych: “Long-term. We don’t know if he is going to come back.”

Luke Green: "Long term".

Ryan White: "Day-to-day. I'm not sure if he's going to skate tomorrow. We are hopeful for the weekend."

JC Lipon: "Lower-body. We hope tomorrow he's going to skate. Right now the plan is, depending on how he feels in the morning, he should be skating tomorrow and we're hopeful that it's going to go well enough so he can play this weekend."

Joona Luoto: "Is out for the season. Needed surgery. Upper-body. So he's not going to return for the season.”

Not much good news there.

Is Luke Green done as a hockey player?
14 games in '18
11 games in '19
13 games in '20
Three season ending injuries early in each of 3 consecutive seasons.
The Buck Pierce of hockey, or just a run of bad luck? He plays next X number of years without missing another game? Looks like time to pack it in to me, but IDK.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Not much good news there.

Is Luke Green done as a hockey player?
14 games in '18
11 games in '19
13 games in '20
Three season ending injuries early in each of 3 consecutive seasons.
The Buck Pierce of hockey, or just a run of bad luck? He plays next X number of years without missing another game? Looks like time to pack it in to me, but IDK.

Buck Pierce? He's the Jesse Lumsden of hockey. It would be a kindness to buy out the last year of his contract and save him from further misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad