Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
McKenzie takes a cross check to the face after the whistle, no call.

EDIT: I'm just going to start editing rather than continuously posting.
E2: Harkins is night and day from what I've seen from him in the past.
E3: Harkins just danced the defense for a breakaway, Oettinger makes a nice save, Harkins gives it back to Nogier, shoots it, Harkins has a wide open net on the rebound, Oettinger saves it, Reichel has a wide open net 5 feet away, hits a defenceman's stick and it goes out of the zone. Harkins is all over the place.
E4: Harkins could have 4 points in this period, just made a slick pass to McKenzie. And Shaw tips home a Griffith shot, Gawanke with the second assist.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Stanley completes the Gordie Howe hat trick 3 minutes into the second period!!

EDIT: Niku's hair is absurd, in case anybody was wondering.

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Easily the biggest surprise for me so far this season. Like I know it's early, but I've never seen a player improve their skating this much in one off-season.

He's also looking really confident with the puck on his stick and he has some moves. His shot is also much better then I remember.

Reactions: Atoyot

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Moose with a nice win.

Harkins looks like a completely different player. Real nice skater with great puck control, vision and a heavy shot. He now is looking like he has a very real shot at the NHL. Mckenzie with a nice night as well and the GWG. Ves was just ok. Berdin is still very busy in his own net, he will need to settle a bit imo.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Moose with a nice win.

Harkins looks like a completely different player. Real nice skater with great puck control, vision and a heavy shot. He now is looking like he has a very real shot at the NHL. Mckenzie with a nice night as well and the GWG. Ves was just ok. Berdin is still very busy in his own net, he will need to settle a bit imo.
How was Niku? Stanley?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
How was Niku? Stanley?

Niku played well, moved the puck really well and was really involved in the offense. He also was physical in his end and had solid gaps. He probably should be recalled next week, if there was any rust its gone now.

Stanley scored a nice goal off a face off win and did a solid job moving the puck out of his end. I didn't really notice him much outside of that which probably means he was solid in his end.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Niku played well, moved the puck really well and was really involved in the offense. He also was physical in his end and had solid gaps. He probably should be recalled next week, if there was any rust its gone now.

Stanley scored a nice goal off a face off win and did a solid job moving the puck out of his end. I didn't really notice him much outside of that which probably means he was solid in his end.
Thanks.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Was a bit of a sloppy game. Puck was bouncing all over.

Harkins is day and night from last year. Has a powerful stride now and can hold on to the puck. Was making nice plays when he had the puck. Seems to have decent vision. It took him awhile but you can now see his 2nd round pedigree.

Niku the best dman. Was making stuff happen in the O-zone almost every time he was on the ice. Lost a few D-zone battles too easy but he more then made up for it.

Stanley had a decent game I thought. Wasn’t too noticeable. Scored a goal off a one-timer off a face off. Didn’t make any real mistakes that I noticed.

Mackenzie likes getting to the dirty areas in front of the net. Scored the game winner of a rebound there.

Vesalainen had a few moments in the o-zone but never made much happen. Was very mediocre I thought. Kind of like his training camp.

Also like Suess. Had a solid gritty two way game. Was noticeable for a bunch of the right reasons. Same with Spacek.

Edit. Shilling isn’t even a good dman in the ahl. Makes too many bad decisions.

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
WTF has happened to this guy? Can Chevy retro-fit a European out clause for this season? I wonder if Ewwwdmonton would take him for Pulju?

Not sure haven’t watch him enough to know if there was something there. He’s got great tools (speed, size and good puck skills) not sure about the tool box. He had the puck in the o-zone a few times containing it along the walls very well then either made a poor pass or shot into someone’s pads. Maybe he needs more time to adjust.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Not sure haven’t watch him enough to know if there was something there. He’s got great tools (speed, size and good puck skills) not sure about the tool box. He had the puck in the o-zone a few times containing it along the walls very well then either made a poor pass or shot into someone’s pads. Maybe he needs more time to adjust.

He had adjusted to the NA game very well at the start of last year. He was scoring at a PPG on the Moose as I recall when he made the decision to play in the KHL. He hasn't been the same since. Something has messed with his head IMO.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Fun game. Harkins looking more and more dominant and Stanley with a cannon that's actually on net. Berdin looking like Palmateer on a few of those goals triggered my latent Ballard-era Leafs PTSD.

Can we start a write-in campaign to get Mo to slot in anyone of our Top Moose over PleaaseNoStu?

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
He had adjusted to the NA game very well at the start of last year. He was scoring at a PPG on the Moose as I recall when he made the decision to play in the KHL. He hasn't been the same since. Something has messed with his head IMO.
Season is still young. Let’s give him some time first, I would think.

Reactions: Channelcat

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Highlights from last night's Home Opener. Nice breakaway shorty by Shaw...

Ahh, there's a Moose game on this afternoon. That explains the low ticket sales for the Bomber game. :sarcasm:

Vesalainen still pointless. And he hasn't scored yet , either. :DD

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I made it to the game today, only for the final period though, and I almost didn't because of a driving adventure.

Things I noticed. Mc Kenzie was on the top line with Shaw and Griffith. Kid sure has a good motor, but lacks the size, or core strength for the greasy kind of Gallagher goals. Griffith is slick with the puck. If I was calling anyone up it would be him. Harkins with an awful pass on the PP that pretty much killed the game. Vesalainen is constantly struggling in puck battles, and losing too many 50/50's. He's not in bust territory yet, but he's looking like a project and a long shot to make the team this year. Luoto was on the 4th line with Maier and Reichel. Probably deserves to be slotted higher. He looked good in the puck battles, but frustrated too.

Moose defense looked mighty mediocre. Stanley was struggling with the speed. Schilling was a wreck. I'd say Nogier was the best defenseman. No Niku, he sure could help this team move the puck. Green used his speed well, but made some pretty bad passes out there.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I made it to the game today, only for the final period though, and I almost didn't because of a driving adventure.

Things I noticed. Mc Kenzie was on the top line with Shaw and Griffith. Kid sure has a good motor, but lacks the size, or core strength for the greasy kind of Gallagher goals. Griffith is slick with the puck. If I was calling anyone up it would be him. Harkins with an awful pass on the PP that pretty much killed the game. Vesalainen is constantly struggling in puck battles, and losing too many 50/50's. He's not in bust territory yet, but he's looking like a project and a long shot to make the team this year. Luoto was on the 4th line with Maier and Reichel. Probably deserves to be slotted higher. He looked good in the puck battles, but frustrated too.

Moose defense looked mighty mediocre. Stanley was struggling with the speed. Schilling was a wreck. I'd say Nogier was the best defenseman. No Niku, he sure could help this team move the puck. Green used his speed well, but made some pretty bad passes out there.

I was at the game on Friday:

Thought Ves was solid in that one and had a couple of great chances but didn't convert. Some players take a while to really get comfortable and I think Ves is still adjusting. I'm not too concerned, this is the age were young players from NA typically start in the AHL.

Stanley was ok but was prone to running around in his own end a bit. I still think he is a long shot to be anything more then a number 5/6 dmen

Niku played well and moved the puck quite well. I didn't see where he got injured.

Harkins, Mackenzie, Spacek all played well and generated some chances.

Berdin was overplaying the puck and still needs to work on his angles a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad