Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Too bad for Niku. But I’m really happy to see Gawanke and Kovacevic playing now. I really like Gawanke as a dark horse prospect. Can anyone provide detailed info on how they look? I haven’t been able to get to a moose game. And info on Stanley and Vesa too as I’m high on them as well. Thanks in advance!

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Gawanke pulls ahead of Kovacevic in season scoring. For any Moose fans, who should I be more excited about?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Too bad for Niku. But I’m really happy to see Gawanke and Kovacevic playing now. I really like Gawanke as a dark horse prospect. Can anyone provide detailed info on how they look? I haven’t been able to get to a moose game. And info on Stanley and Vesa too as I’m high on them as well. Thanks in advance!

I'm going tonight, I'll try to take some notes. Neither played on any of the past games I went to.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'm going tonight, I'll try to take some notes. Neither played on any of the past games I went to.

We’re there tonight also. Bring your HF JETS SURIXON sign and I’ll aim a teddy bear in your general direction.

Reactions: surixon

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Gawanke pulls ahead of Kovacevic in season scoring. For any Moose fans, who should I be more excited about?

Both have been playing well but lately Gawanke has been playing more and well. I think Kovacevic has a more direct root to the NHL right now because of his age and size.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Despite giving up 4 goals I didn't think Outhouse had a bad game. Mrs. Jimby thought Stanley had a good game. I didn't agree. Didn't like his giveaways tonight. I liked Chibisov tonight. His big body came in handy and he seemed to get under the opposition's skin. He and Harkins were the only two I could imagine playing for the Jets.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Moose weren't all that sharp tonight, a lot of missed passes and sloppy play.

Harkins new speed opens up opportunities. He was good both ways through and nz and can gain the zone with control. Once there he plays the puck control cycle game That Mauirce likes quite well. He had some good looks but couldn't cash. I definitely think he will be up with the Jets at some point.

Ves: he's playing a smarter/more direct game now. He's not giving much up defensively and is learning to cycle. Still a ways to go but I can see some progress.

Spacek: he holds onto the puck too long. He needs to be more direct in his play.

Seuss and Mackenzie worked hard but didn't accomplish that much.

Defense: most had issues with their passing today.

Stanley was just ok. He was physical and did some decent things defensively. He was also guilty of some awful turnovers and the play died at times on his stick.

Nogier: Skates well and defends well but his puck moving was awful today.

Kovacevik has a solid all around skill set. He moves and defends well and can make a solid breakout pass. Unfortunately he left injured in the second after taking a big hit.

Gawnke: he played a solid game. Moves the puck well and skates well. Defense was also decent.

Last edited:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Moose weren't all that sharp tonight, a lot of missed passes and sloppy play.

Harkins new speed opens up opportunities. He was good both ways through and nz and can gain the zone with control. Once there he plays the puck control cycle game That Mauirce likes quite well. He has some good looks but couldn't cash. I definitely think he will platform the Jets at some point.

Ves: he's playing a smarter/more direct game now. He's not giving much up defensively and is learning to cycle. Still a ways to go but I can see some progress.

Spacek: he holds onto the puck too long. He needs to be more direct in his play.

Seuss and Mackenzie worked hard but didn't accomplish that much.

Defense: most had issues with their passing today.

Stanley was jus ok. He was physical and did some decent things defensively. He was also quilty of some awful turnovers and the play died at times on his stick.

Nogier: Skates well and defends well but his puck moving was awful today.

Kovacevik has a solid all around skill set. He moves and defends well and can make a solid breakout pass. Unfortunately he left injured in the second after taking a big hit.

Gawnke: he played a solid game. Moves the puck well and skates well. Defense was also decent.

What was the Teddy count?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Moose go down 5-3. Stanley had a rough game. Griffith, Suess, Mc Kenzie with the goals. I'd still like to see Mc Kenzie get a call for the Jets. He's an energy guy, has a lot speed to get on pucks, which is ideally what a 4th liner needs to do. And is showing a bit of finish this year. JC Lipon now 3rd in team scoring.

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Bring in another veteran goalie for the Moose so Outhouse can get games in for Jacksonville?

Berdin can not get a break although it is not bad, he is young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad