Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Judging by the last two games, Kovacevic kind of has a laser.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
A real nice rush and pass by Harkins on that OT goal as well. His playmaking is really shining through so far this year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I had assumed he was not quick enough to succeed in the NHL. What do you think his realistic upside is, Joe?

I am hoping for a playmaking 2B center. It could possibly give us 3 scoring lines.

Perrault Scheifele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Ehlers Harkins Roslovic
Copp Lowry Appelton

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I am hoping for a playmaking 2B center. It could possibly give us 3 scoring lines.

Perrault Scheifele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Ehlers Harkins Roslovic
Copp Lowry Appelton
Thing is we've had the talent to do 3 scoring lines before, but PoMo seems intent on the 2 scoring lines, 1 shut down line, and 1 5ish minutes a game...something line. I honestly don't want a second line center anymore because it would likely put Wheeler back on Scheif's wing.

Reactions: WiscoJet and hn777

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I had assumed he was not quick enough to succeed in the NHL. What do you think his realistic upside is, Joe?
He wasn't, I have never seen a player take such a significant weakness and make it a borderline strength in one off season. It really bodes well for him that he was able to identify his weakness and be able to correct it so effectively. So many people fail at training because they take what they're good at and keep doing it while ignoring their shortcomings.

I think a realistic upside is 3C, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a 2C. I know you didn't ask me I just thought I'd weigh in.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Perrault Scheifele Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
Ehlers Harkins Roslovic
Copp Lowry Appelton

I know you are trying to balance the line but don't put our leading goal scorer on the 3rd line please.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine could be among the top lines in the league.
Connor - Wheeler - Roslovic
Copp - Lowry - Chibisov ..... CL are still going to be our 3rd line unless you have replaced the coach.
Perreault - Harkins - Appleton/Little

Not as balanced as you are aiming for but that 4th line is strong enough to get the TOI evened out quite a bit.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I know you are trying to balance the line but don't put our leading goal scorer on the 3rd line please.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine could be among the top lines in the league.
Connor - Wheeler - Roslovic
Copp - Lowry - Chibisov ..... CL are still going to be our 3rd line unless you have replaced the coach.
Perreault - Harkins - Appleton/Little

Not as balanced as you are aiming for but that 4th line is strong enough to get the TOI evened out quite a bit.
I don't wanna break ehlers and roslo up but its pretty bad that he's not on the 1pp unit.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't wanna break ehlers and roslo up but its pretty bad that he's not on the 1pp unit.

Maurice loves Connor. Not that I don't, but he gets all of the best usage.

The Scheifele line needs Ehlers' defensive help and his zone exit and entry help to get to the next level.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Highlights...

That was a nice pass by Suess, on the 1st goal. I still like that Sylar McKenzie kid, he gets on pucks quick, that's what you want from a 4th liner. Stanley looking a little slow in his 1st game. I wonder where Kovacevic rates on the Jets depth chart. He had a lot of supporters on these boards, right now looking to be the best defensive prospect on the Moose.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Maurice loves Connor. Not that I don't, but he gets all of the best usage.

The Scheifele line needs Ehlers' defensive help and his zone exit and entry help to get to the next level.
This is not about the moose at all, but, really both the lines need Ehlers defensive help more than anything any of the other top 6 are bringing right now. Hopefully, Roslo blooms into Ehlers lite so you can put Ehlers on the top line and ehlers lite on the 2nd line. Laine is supposedly good at D so I guess you could put roslo on the top line but right now the second line needs Ehlers too much.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This is not about the moose at all, but, really both the lines need Ehlers defensive help more than anything any of the other top 6 are bringing right now. Hopefully, Roslo blooms into Ehlers lite so you can put Ehlers on the top line and ehlers lite on the 2nd line. Laine is supposedly good at D so I guess you could put roslo on the top line but right now the second line needs Ehlers too much.

I like your case for both lines needing him .... but I think the 1st line needs him more because it is the 1st line. It gets more TOI against the oppositions best.

KC has contributed very little to the PP, IMO. I think Ehlers could add a little creativity and make it less predictable. He would also help a lot with zone entries.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I like your case for both lines needing him .... but I think the 1st line needs him more because it is the 1st line. It gets more TOI against the oppositions best.

KC has contributed very little to the PP, IMO. I think Ehlers could add a little creativity and make it less predictable. He would also help a lot with zone entries.
Connor has been providing a screen the last few games which is an important role but there is no reason Wheeler can't play that role. I think pomo wants to play the 1st 2 lines equally so 1a and 1b.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
4-2 loss tonight against Rockford, which is a pretty good team, with Boqvist and Beaudin on their defense.

Harkins with a beauty assist. Griffith and Mc Kenzie with the goals.

Gawanke got burned on the GWG. No Niku in the lineup. Schilling up with the Jets, and all 4 of the RHD in the lineup tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad