Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
After re-reading the info off nhl.com, I regrettably recant and agree that Berdin would be available to Seattle. Well that sucks!

Still think he is the backup next year if he continues to perform as he has. At least we would get a first hand NHL look at him.
If he's amazing at the NHL level, maybe you expose Hellebuyck and his $6.16M cap hit...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
After re-reading the info off nhl.com, I regrettably recant and agree that Berdin would be available to Seattle. Well that sucks!

Still think he is the backup next year if he continues to perform as he has. At least we would get a first hand NHL look at him.

Too soon to say how that might play out. If Berdin continues on his current trajectory it might be that we trade a quite valuable Hellebuyck for a good return and run with Berdin. Or we protect Berdin and expose Helle. But we have 2.75 seasons to play before we need to make those decisions. Maybe Helle is a 2 time Vezina winner by then and Berdin has flamed out.

Reactions: Jets 31

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Too soon to say how that might play out. If Berdin continues on his current trajectory it might be that we trade a quite valuable Hellebuyck for a good return and run with Berdin. Or we protect Berdin and expose Helle. But we have 2.75 seasons to play before we need to make those decisions. Maybe Helle is a 2 time Vezina winner by then and Berdin has flamed out.
Isnt it 1.75 seasons

Reactions: hn777

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yeah, Marlies are a solid team. Here are the game highlights...

Looks like Sami had a tough game in his end.

It's strange to see Vesalainen on a line with Maier and Lipon. Maier I guess is in Spacek's spot. You wonder if the Jets are trying to round out his physical side, playing with Lipon. Seems to be getting to the net well. Maybe we'll see Ves-Spacek-Appleton as a 4th line yet this year with the Jets. That would be the Jets 3 highest rated forward prospects, with Gustafsson as well in the mix.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Moose winning streak finally ends at 7 wins. Berdin let in 4 on 22 shots.

Why hasn't the organization found a half decent veteran goalie for the Moose yet? They have had lots of time since Comrie left the team.

Berdin has played the most games in the ahl as a goalie today at the age of 21. What is this organization doing? He is a great goaltender but its still only his 2nd pro season.

Berdin is getting all these starts because of their backup Outhouse who should be in Jacksonville today. This is his first pro season and his numbers haven't been overwhelming to get ahl time yet anyway.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg

Looks like our boys will have their hands full playing the top team in the league... who are on a 10 game win streak... all in regulation! :eek:

AHL-Standings.png

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Niku only played the remainder of his shift as he couldn't get off the ice (and then there was an icing so he had to stay on). Didn't play in 3rd period. Moose travel today so no update.

Andrei Chibisov with the unlucky bounce for the first Moose own goal of the year. (cannot recall last one for that matter).

Jansen Harkins strong play continues:

Reactions: jefferoni

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Sure this rarely happens, but this is why I think teams should not pull their goalie on a delayed penalty, just turn the puck over to get an organized PP started.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sure this rarely happens, but this is why I think teams should not pull their goalie on a delayed penalty, just turn the puck over to get an organized PP started.

Nope - but they should be allowed to turn their net around backwards until the whistle blows. :naughty:

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Yeah, that was a weird one, but I'm a big believer in maintaining puck possession. Chances are, you will loose it on the ensuing faceoff.

The only time I might think to give the puck up on a delayed penalty call is a scenario when you are down by a goal, 45 seconds to play and are already on the powerplay.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Sounded like a good game in Grand Rapids this evening. Good for the Jets franchises to go 2-0 today! Too bad AHL live was glitchy this evening - didn’t get to see much of the game. Did it work OK for others?

By the way, why would a club do a teddy bear toss with 1:22 left in the 2nd period and cause a big game delay right before the end of the period?!?!

And loved that our Outhouse had a great game. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->