Manitoba Moose 2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Wonder if the Moose will be any good this year

I think they will. They had a strong end to the season last year and this team seems better on paper.

There’s lots of reasonable AHL talent in the top 9:
Vesalainen
Griffith
Shaw
Spacek
One or both of Luoto and Suess
Chibisov
Harkins
Lipon

The defence looks well above average with some reliable vets in Schilling, Nogier and Stoykewich. Then some talented youth in:
Stanley
Kovacevic
Gawanke
Green

The goaltending with Comrie and Berdin should be elite for the AHL.

The coach Vincent seems awesome. If the Jets don’t promote him soon he’ll be coaching against the Jets in the NHL within 3 years I estimate.

I think the Moose win their division unless the Jets run into injuries and call up all their best players.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I think they will. They had a strong end to the season last year and this team seems better on paper.

There’s lots of reasonable AHL talent in the top 9:
Vesalainen
Griffith
Shaw
Spacek
One or both of Luoto and Suess
Chibisov
Harkins
Lipon

The defence looks well above average with some reliable vets in Schilling, Nogier and Stoykewich. Then some talented youth in:
Stanley
Kovacevic
Gawanke
Green

The goaltending with Comrie and Berdin should be elite for the AHL.

The coach Vincent seems awesome. If the Jets don’t promote him soon he’ll be coaching against the Jets in the NHL within 3 years I estimate.

I think the Moose win their division unless the Jets run into injuries and call up all their best players.

Glad you have Versa-Lainen in the top 9, not sure the guy would even be top 6 compared to how the other guys sent to the Moose looked in camp!

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Glad you have Versa-Lainen in the top 9, not sure the guy would even be top 6 compared to how the other guys sent to the Moose looked in camp!

It looks like both Suess and Luoto will be starting the season with the Moose which means the top 9 will be deep. If Vesalainen ends up on the third line to start the season he’ll still have decent linemates. But he needs to wake up. He should be a 1.0+ PPG player in the AHL this season. Someone send him a Kurig machine and a costco sized box of smelling salts.

Reactions: sipowicz

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Really hoping Niku is up by the home opener and that a couple from Stanley, Green, Kovacevic, and Gawanke develop quickly.

Last edited:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
No Kovacevic, no Luoto. Berdin saves 33 of 35. Moose pressuring hard final minute but Husso seals the win with a ridiculous dive that gets called.
Thanks for the summary, @Kyosama! :thumbu:

I started watching the free AHL TV stream when the Jets were down 4-0...
I noticed that Niku looked perfectly healthy which was great to see...
Then I turned off the Moose stream in the middle of the Jets comeback... :laugh:

Reactions: Atoyot and hn777

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Thanks for the summary, @Kyosama! :thumbu:

I started watching the free AHL TV stream when the Jets were down 4-0...
I noticed that Niku looked perfectly healthy which was great to see...
Then I turned off the Moose stream in the middle of the Jets comeback... :laugh:
I switched back and forth and watched the end. Berdin was very entertaining as always but it was hard to get a good read on anyone given how much I saw. Hopefully I can catch more tomorrow.

Reactions: jefferoni

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
And Berdin makes an awful decision to go for the puck and Texas ties it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad