Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Harkins has picked his game since Jan 1st....... I hope he continues to improve.

I liked the pick in 2015, as I thought it was a good value pick.

How ever...... I was hoping for a solid Dman at that pick.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Harkins has picked his game since Jan 1st....... I hope he continues to improve.

Harkins has 14 points in his last 20 after only putting up 6 in his first 28. Let's hope he has indeed turned the corner.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Like so many other players, Harkins needed to pick up his speed and pace of play. It seems that he's now getting there. He has the smarts and work ethic, so I wouldn't give up on him becoming a useful 4th line option in a year or two.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Like so many other players, Harkins needed to pick up his speed and pace of play. It seems that he's now getting there. He has the smarts and work ethic, so I wouldn't give up on him becoming a useful 4th line option in a year or two.

I think we need fewer 4th line options and more 1st and 2nd line options. Unless you're happy with giving big minutes to a wheezing, crippled Wheeler and Little in a couple of years. Yes, I'm exaggerating but their effectiveness will continue to diminish.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think we need fewer 4th line options and more 1st and 2nd line options. Unless you're happy with giving big minutes to a wheezing, crippled Wheeler and Little in a couple of years. Yes, I'm exaggerating but their effectiveness will continue to diminish.

Agreed but we have most of our blue chip forwards in the show already. Ehlers, Conner, Laine and Roslovic is 4 young top 6 caliber options. Add in Ves and you have 5 so we are still in good shape. What we need is a long term center option to replace Little as we don't have that piece in the system.

Also it's never bad to have cheap depth options in the system.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Don't know if this has been posted or how accurate it is . . . not sure if these are the same game but both are listed as live events.

Manitoba Moose vs.Toronto Marlies LIVE
From Coca-Cola Coliseum – Toronto, Ont.
Wednesday, Feb 20 10:00 am - 12:30 pm TSN2 (182)

Manitoba Moose vs.Toronto Marlies LIVE
From Coca-Cola Coliseum – Toronto, Ont.
Wednesday, Feb 27 10:00 am - 12:30 pm TSN2 (182)
Thanks @Board Bard!
Can confirm the game is on TSN2 right now.
Marlies have Hutch in their net.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Garbage knee on knee on McKenzie, hopefully he's alright.

Definitely doesn't look okay.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Andersson or Kylington would have been nice.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Don't see how the ref is looking right at the play and only hits Olesky with two minutes...

Ref that called had the angle from behind the Marlies player, probably thought it was incidental. There was an angle that shows from the Moose end of the ice that the Marlies player saw McKenzie and stuck his leg out after whiffing on the hit.

Should be a suspension, but the AHL is even weaker on supplementary discipline than the NHL because of the outdated video equipment.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Andersson or Kylington would have been nice.

Vince Dunn (Stl) was also rated about where we selected Harkins.

Harkins was suppose to be a first rounder, but fell hard to mid 2nd. So I see why TNSE went for him.

I remember an interview after the draft saying that they wanted to draft D-men but based on their draft list they had to keep drafting forwards as the perceived value was much higher with the forwards that were still available at our draft spot.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Vince Dunn (Stl) was also rated about where we selected Harkins.

Harkins was suppose to be a first rounder, but fell hard to mid 2nd. So I see why TNSE went for him.

I remember an interview after the draft saying that they wanted to draft D-men but based on their draft list they had to keep drafting forwards as the perceived value was much higher with the forwards that were still available at our draft spot.

Yeah, I remember that. As I remember it, there was mixed opinion on Harkins at the time. Some thought he should have fallen further and some thought he was a bargain where we got him.

Its nice to see him starting to produce. He may still have an NHL future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad