Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Would've been nice to see what kind of noise the Moose could make if they had made it, ah well. Should be a better team next year with Berdin up full time and adding in Kovacevic, Gawanke and hopefully Samberg.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Imagine how much better things could have turned out if Roslovic had been on the Moose this year.

Might have been better for the Moose, too. ;)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Very good second half for the Moose. There was a lot of growth this year imo.

Harkins took a bit step forward and had a real strong second half. Still might have something here but will need to see how next year goes.

Appelton was a strong player from the get go and looks to be NHL ready.

Ves started quite well and then played well in the KHL. He ran out of gas in his second stint with the Moose which isn't too surprising given how much traveling he did this past year. Not sure if he makes the team but will not have the option to go bavkbto Europe next season.

Stanley improved ad the year went on. Got more confident offensively and tightened up his d game. He still has some work to do but had a positive season.

Poolman was playing good all around hockey and is likely NHL ready.

McKenzie and Suess showed some good flashes but both missed a lot of time to Injuries.

The wave of prospects entering the Moose for next year had me pretty excited.

Kovacevik had a great pro debut last night and looks to be a potential two -way guy for us down the road

Samberg another great defensive prospect with a high end d game and some untapped offense.

Berdin showed some excellent play this year and should also be up full time.

Reactions: dlam and Gm0ney

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Very good second half for the Moose. There was a lot of growth this year imo.

Harkins took a bit step forward and had a real strong second half. Still might have something here but will need to see how next year goes.

Appelton was a strong player from the get go and looks to be NHL ready.

Ves started quite well and then played well in the KHL. He ran out of gas in his second stint with the Moose which isn't too surprising given how much traveling he did this past year. Not sure if he makes the team but will not have the option to go bavkbto Europe next season.

Stanley improved ad the year went on. Got more confident offensively and tightened up his d game. He still has some work to do but had a positive season.

Poolman was playing good all around hockey and is likely NHL ready.

McKenzie and Suess showed some good flashes but both missed a lot of time to Injuries.

The wave of prospects entering the Moose for next year had me pretty excited.

Kovacevik had a great pro debut last night and looks to be a potential two -way guy for us down the road

Samberg another great defensive prospect with a high end d game and some untapped offense.

Berdin showed some excellent play this year and should also be up full time.
I really like Samberg and Kovacevic as D prospects. Looking forward to seeing them develop with the Moose next season

Appleton is NHL caliber. I hope Vesalainen makes the step up to NHL level sometime next season.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Heard about Comrie coming up. Would think Appleton and Griffith maybe as well come up as black aces? They will likely allow Dano to go to WC instead of a black ace (WC is in his home country of Slovakia this year). The Jets are currently carrying 4 extra D (Beaulieu, Morrow, Niku, Kislevich) but just 2 extra forwards (Lindholm and Hendricks).

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I have to admit one of the players I am really curious about next season is Kovacevic. How will his game measure up at the pro level. I believe he will do well.

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
Hi there,

Was hoping for longer Jets/Moose seasons. MileOne for game one of the Kelly Cup Finals. Reminds me of the 2011-2012 IceCaps playoffs when a first year team went deep in the playoffs. Hoping we get a cup this season.

Reactions: ps241

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I was thinking there'd be little chance the Jets qualify Nogier, but I didn't realize he'd get a 2-way: Nelson Nogier Qualifying Offer Calculator Results - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps Since it's 2-way, is it more likely he gets qualified?

Nogier will get qualified, imo. He has no NHL potential but a decent veteran AHLer at this point. Him and Stoykewych will be leaders on a relatively young Moose blueline with guys like Green, Stanley, Gawanke, Kovacevic. Might bring back Schilling as well.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Nogier will get another year..... as he only has 171 pro games. He is still classified as a developmental player and not a veteran player. He is a ok 7th dman in a pinch.

I would like to see him get a N.H.L. point for the Jets in a emergency call up situation.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Nogier will get another year..... as he only has 171 pro games. He is still classified as a developmental player and not a veteran player. He is a ok 7th dman in a pinch.

I would like to see him get a N.H.L. point for the Jets in a emergency call up situation.

I wouldn’t count on it. Dude barely scored in junior and in the AHL, never mind the NHL. He’s pretty decent defensively, though. Though he’s likely a career AHLer, there’s still a small chance he turns into a decent defensively-minded 7-8 tweener, IMO.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I wouldn’t count on it. Dude barely scored in junior and in the AHL, never mind the NHL. He’s pretty decent defensively, though. Though he’s likely a career AHLer, there’s still a small chance he turns into a decent defensively-minded 7-8 tweener, IMO.

Opinions..... everybody has one.

We will find out a few days after the Stanley Cup is awarded. Qualifying offers will be have to be offered or the players will turn UFA.

I say he is signed to a new contract.

Nogier is cheap D insurance and useful on the Moose. The Jets trust his game enough that he has gotten into 10 games. He is # 9,10 or 11 on the depth chart. ( Stanley and Kovecevic will pass him shortly on the call up lists).

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Opinions..... everybody has one.

We will find out a few days after the Stanley Cup is awarded. Qualifying offers will be have to be offered or the players will turn UFA.

I say he is signed to a new contract.

Nogier is cheap D insurance and useful on the Moose. The Jets trust his game enough that he has gotten into 10 games. He is # 9,10 or 11 on the depth chart. ( Stanley and Kovecevic will pass him shortly on the call up lists).

Oops, I meant I wouldn’t count on him scoring any NHL points. I think he will be qualified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad