Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I would play him again this afternoon and maybe even a couple more games before bringing him up. Get his feel for the game back. Right now, I don't see an effective backup for the Jets. Unfortunately, I think the decision has already been made, regardless of how he does in these two games. More and more, this is looking like a signing that has not worked out to people's expectations/hopes.

Maurice said he's travelling to New York today so I doubt he's playing this afternoon. Also said Hutch will return to the Moose.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Maurice said he's travelling to New York today so I doubt he's playing this afternoon. Also said Hutch will return to the Moose.

Don't like it, 4 goals on 22 shots in the AHL Mason vs Hutch and his .933 with the Jets this season! Yeah I know, it's all about salary!!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Don't like it, 4 goals on 22 shots in the AHL Mason vs Hutch and his .933 with the Jets this season! Yeah I know, it's all about salary!!

It's all about daily cap hit for end of season numbers. Both will earn full salary regardless

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't think any of us in our mid 50's or early 60's will see a replacement built in our lifetime, just be happy with the one we have.

I am thrilled with the one we have and yes it will be good enough for my lifetime.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0621.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
^ been corrected, of course that changes everything:

07:09IARyan White, Misconduct - Unsportsmanlike conduct, 10 min
07:09MBBrendan Lemieux, Served by Brett Welychka, Unsportsmanlike conduct, 2 min PP
07:09MBBrendan Lemieux, Misconduct - Abuse of officials, 10 min
07:09MBNic Petan, High-sticking, 2 min PP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

:shakehead
More and more he looks like an NHL player.
More and more he looks like one I'd rather not have. Wish he had gone to StL instead of Foley. JMO.

Wizard204

Feb 14, 2018
:shakehead
More and more he looks like an NHL player.
More and more he looks like one I'd rather not have. Wish he had gone to StL instead of Foley. JMO.
Wouldn’t mind shopping him at the draft. He doesn’t seem to understand the difference between playing with grit and crossing the line. It’s quite confusing because he is doing fine offensively but would rather sit in the box for 12 min.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wouldn’t mind shopping him at the draft. He doesn’t seem to understand the difference between playing with grit and crossing the line. It’s quite confusing because he is doing fine offensively but would rather sit in the box for 12 min.

I wonder if Burke would like a little more truculence? Flames need wingers in a big way and have good D prospects that they don't have room for.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd take any of Kylington, Andersson, or Fox for him easily. They'd probably only do Kylington.

I'd be OK with that. But lets add and aim for both Kylington and Andersson. :D

I'd have been happier with that for Kylington than the 4th for Morrow.
4th + Appleton for Kylington (they really need RW's).
Lemieux + 5th for Andersson.
That 4th is gone though. Too bad.

I still see a fit with Flames though. Our excess of winger prospects for their excess of D prospects.

I see Andersson as the more important one for us because of the uncertainty on our right side. With Andersson and Poolman in the system I would be comfortable trading Myers regardless of the Trouba situation. That will then either work out well or it won't, but we will have some kind of a backup plan.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I am at the game and Lemieux has not returned. They never announced a game misconduct here but it looks like he got one.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I am at the game and Lemieux has not returned. They never announced a game misconduct here but it looks like he got one.

I can appreciate a good agitator on a team, but one that does so while still respecting the game & the opposing team.

Lemieux seems to just be an overall asshole. Guess who leads the Jets in penalties per GP? It's Lemieux at 2:19.

I'm often bringing about the fact Buff has led the league in minor penalties each of the last 7 years. It's kinda telling when a rookie is taking more penalties on average than the league leader.

Only 9 games played & somehow he's 11th on the Jets in total penalty minutes. Among forwards he's taken the 5th most penalty minutes & that's more than Little, Connor, Scheifele, Tanev, Armia, Copp & Lowry. He's also managing this despite averaging 7:56 of ice time per game played. Only Dano plays less.

Being a penalty minute leader back in the day usually meant you were a pugilist & that this was your role on the team. That's not the case anymore. Bad stupid minor penalties cost your team wins.

Not a fan.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I'm not worried about Lemieux..............yet. He'll either tone it down, or he won't be playing in the big leagues imo.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Lemieux understands the difference in game he needs to play at the NHL level in order to stay there.

He's said himself.

The A is a tougher league. As long as he keeps scoring and skating like this at that level I'm fine with his PIM.

He's having an excellent season.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Peter Siamandas

@PegPeteHockey
19m19 minutes ago
More
Coach Vincent confirms that Brendan Lemieux was benched following his first period misconduct. The first time a Moose player has been benched for a full game this season.

Reactions: DRC and ps241

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
He looked a bit lost on a couple of those goals, he seems to do that quite regularly...no?

I seem to recall teams scoring a few like that in the NHL this year against him.

Perhaps another game w Moose not a bad thing to get his timing back.

Ummm New Mask?

Haven't played forever!

Time will tell!

Go Jets Go...

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Peter Siamandas

@PegPeteHockey
19m19 minutes ago
More
Coach Vincent confirms that Brendan Lemieux was benched following his first period misconduct. The first time a Moose player has been benched for a full game this season.

Good! Vincent needs to show them who the boss is!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Peter Siamandas

@PegPeteHockey
19m19 minutes ago
More

Technically, not benched for the full game. But also wasn't on the bench, and an unsubstantiated report he left the arena while the game was ongoing.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Lemieux understands the difference in game he needs to play at the NHL level in order to stay there.

He's said himself.

The A is a tougher league. As long as he keeps scoring and skating like this at that level I'm fine with his PIM.

He's having an excellent season.

LOL @ myself.....

I deserved Lemieux getting a benching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad