Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Winnipeg, MB – The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club announced today the team has signed defenceman Charles-David Beaudoin to a professional tryout.
Beaudoin, 23, played 17 games with the University of Quebec Trois Rivieres where he posted nine points (3G, 6A). The Drummondville, Que. native also spent time in the professional ranks, playing six games with the Binghamton Senators, tallying two assists. He also played five ECHL games for Tulsa, picking up two helpers.

The Moose also announced the following roster moves:
Jimmy Lodge (F) to Jacksonville (ECHL)
Kale Kessy (F) to Tulsa (ECHL)
Tim Daly (D) to Norfolk (ECHL)
John McCarron (F) released from tryout

The dream is over, Jimmy. I think we can safely declare him a bust.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
http://illegalcurve.com/2017/10/09/manitoba-moose-news-and-notes-2/

Following skate coach Vincent provided me with a health update on the three players in non-contact uniforms indicating that “Beauvillier is possible for this weekend. Harkins has to go through another day and then he will be re-evaluated. Kostalek same thing, possible for this weekend. So Beauvillier is probably the guy that is the most healthy right now.”

Reactions: ICdave

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Lines (In order of appearance)

Lemieux-Sgarbossa-Spacek
Connor-Roslovic-Robinson
DeLeo-Cormier-Lipon
Sutter-Appleton-Maclaise
Cormier

Schilling-Stoykewych
Niku-Melchiori
Kulivich-Gotovets

Hutch in net

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Moose off to a Great start. They look like a substantially better team this year.

Connor is on another level, shouldn't be in this league imo. Will need to force the issue when he gets back with the Jets.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Pp units:

Robinson
Spacek-Roslovic-Connor
Shilling

Cormier (Lemieux took this spot later in the game)
DeLeo-Lipon-Sgarbossa
Niku

Last edited:

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
We're getting out played in the 2nd. We went from out shooting them 19-7, to 25-25

Last edited:

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Cleveland score on the PP with 5 left in the 2nd. We're down 2-1....

Roslovic scores less than a minute later from Connor and Niku. Perfect passing, perfect shot.....

Then they score a crappy goal less then a minute after that. Down 3-2

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Cormier breakaway goal from Lipon and Gotovets 2 minutes into the 3rd...

Cleveland scores on the rush with 13 mins left. Down 4-3

Last edited:

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Lost 4-3. Shots roughly even.

Some notes:

Connor is way too good for this level.
Roslovic was fighting the puck most of the night.
Lemieux was very undisciplined.
Appleton impressed me on the forecheck.
Sgarbossa is very good with the puck.
Niku is already the best dman.
Schilling is very steady.
DeLeo was invisible.
The team struggles against a strong forecheck.
Hutch did not seem focused. Bad rebound control, drops too early.

Reactions: Saintb

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Niku will be the next Morrissey. Hutch with not one but two softies. Just like last season with the Jets.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Lost 4-3. Shots roughly even.

Some notes:

Connor is way too good for this level.
Roslovic was fighting the puck most of the night.
Lemieux was very undisciplined.
Appleton impressed me on the forecheck.
Sgarbossa is very good with the puck.
Niku is already the best dman.
Schilling is very steady.
DeLeo was invisible.
The team struggles against a strong forecheck.
Hutch did not seem focused. Bad rebound control, drops too early.

IIRC when he first came up he stayed on his feet a lot more. Flaherty? Who knows?

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
I was at the game last night also. Hutch was indeed his usual self - not quite good enough. I sure hope Comrie starts tomorrow.

Niku did look good, but I thought he wasn't on the ice quite as much in the 2nd & 3rd - but maybe that's just my lack of observation skills. He was the only prospect D dressed. Mark Flood was a healthy scratch (I assume he's healthy). Kostalek wasn't dressed, probably because he just came off of injury (and the coaches probably think he's not good enough, either).

I agree that Kyle Connor is a standout at this level.

Appleton is a nice skater, who perhaps lacks the finishing offensive skills to make it past this level.

Lemieux took a dumb penalty late in the 3rd when the Moose were down a goal and really shouldn't have had to kill a penalty at that time. Lemieux also won a fight earlier in the game.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I was at the game last night also. Hutch was indeed his usual self - not quite good enough. I sure hope Comrie starts tomorrow.

Niku did look good, but I thought he wasn't on the ice quite as much in the 2nd & 3rd - but maybe that's just my lack of observation skills. He was the only prospect D dressed. Mark Flood was a healthy scratch (I assume he's healthy). Kostalek wasn't dressed, probably because he just came off of injury (and the coaches probably think he's not good enough, either).

I agree that Kyle Connor is a standout at this level.

Appleton is a nice skater, who perhaps lacks the finishing offensive skills to make it past this level.

Lemieux took a dumb penalty late in the 3rd when the Moose were down a goal and really shouldn't have had to kill a penalty at that time. Lemieux also won a fight earlier in the game.

I sit right behind the bench and I saw him go down the tunnel for a bit in the 3rd. I think he had an equipment issue.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree with most of what was mentioned previously. A few more notes from the game:

JC Lipon had a good game. Many noticeable passes, strong on the forecheck. He should be on the first line, IMHO.

Niku was a liability defensively during portions of the game. Unable to make a breakout passes under pressure multiple times throughout the game. He was also responsible for the two on one that lead to the GWG. That being said, it’s hard not to love his smooth skating offensive style.

De Leo was invisible, as previously mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad