Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Update July 1st. Four veterans per AHL rules are signed (well, three signed + qualified RFA Lipon), two veteran spots are still open.

Vesalainen - Griffith - Appleton
Lemieux - Spacek - Everberg
Kerdiles - $VETERAN - Lipon
Harkins - Suess - Reichel

Schilling - Niku
$VETERAN - Green
Stanley - Nogier
Bourque, Cederholm?

Comrie
Berdin/Brossoit

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Update July 1st. Four veterans per AHL rules are signed (well, three signed + qualified RFA Lipon), two veteran spots are still open.

Schilling - Niku
$VETERAN - Green
Stanley - Nogier
Cederholm?

Comrie
Berdin/Brossoit

I am hopping that Harkins can force his way up the roster. If he is on the 4th line again he may be done as a prospect for us.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I am hopping that Harkins can force his way up the roster. If he is on the 4th line again he may be done as a prospect for us.

Don't read anything into lines of projected AHL lineups. That's the lineup for the hypothetical situation of all 43 players being healthy at the same time. That almost never happens. Brody Sutter played #1C for a couple of games last season. Spacek was #4C to start the season when everybody was healthy, he played his fair share of games at #1C. It's more of a depth chart.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011

Schilling - Niku
$VETERAN - Green
Stanley - Nogier
Bourque, Cederholm?

Comrie
Berdin/Brossoit

Melichiori and Stroykewich Have not signed yet.... They both had decent years last year for the Moose.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Moose Sign Seven Players - Manitoba Moose

Winnipeg, MB – The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club announced today the team has signed defenceman Peter Stoykewych to a two-year contract. The Moose also signed defencemen Charles-David Beaudoin, Jacob Cederholm, Justin Woods, forwards Matt Ustaski, Kristian Reichel and goaltender Ken Appleby to one-year agreements.

For what its worth, Appleby is only ~3 months older than Comrie. I guess he will push Berdin for the #2 goalie on the roster.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Moose Sign Seven Players - Manitoba Moose

Winnipeg, MB – The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club announced today the team has signed defenceman Peter Stoykewych to a two-year contract. The Moose also signed defencemen Charles-David Beaudoin, Jacob Cederholm, Justin Woods, forwards Matt Ustaski, Kristian Reichel and goaltender Ken Appleby to one-year agreements.

For what its worth, Appleby is only ~3 months older than Comrie. I guess he will push Berdin for the #2 goalie on the roster.

I'm hoping Berdin is in the ECHL. Don't want him just sitting on the bench. Hoping Brossoit gets to backup Comrie. Certainly want better backup than Brossoit for Helle. 67 regular season games for him last year was enough.

Last edited:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I'm hoping Berdin is in the ECHL. Don't want him just sitting on the bench. Hoping Brossoit gets to backup Comrie. Certainly want better backup for Helle. 67 regular season games for him last year was enough.

At this point it's clear that it's Hellebuyck-Brossoit, Comrie-Appleby, Berdin-guy.

Reactions: nhlpro

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
At this point it's clear that it's Hellebuyck-Brossoit, Comrie-Appleby, Berdin-guy.

I don't know that I would say that it is clear - but it certainly appears that way right now. That's what I'm afraid of. I don't see Brossoit cutting down on Helle's workload.

What are the chances of Brossoit being a better backup than Mason would have been?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I don't know that I would say that it is clear - but it certainly appears that way right now. That's what I'm afraid of. I don't see Brossoit cutting down on Helle's workload.

What are the chances of Brossoit being a better backup than Mason would have been?

Chances of him being a competent backup - not great, chances of him being a better backup than Mason - slim to none. But hey, Chevy and goalies is a complicated relationship, and if the Oilers taught us one thing, it's that you can trade a fourth round pick for Montoya when Brossoit is too bad.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Chances of him being a competent backup - not great, chances of him being a better backup than Mason - slim to none. But hey, Chevy and goalies is a complicated relationship, and if the Oilers taught us one thing, it's that you can trade a fourth round pick for Montoya when Brossoit is too bad.

I was beginning to hope for Pickard.
But ex-Oilers goalies have done well before. There is hope.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg

Schilling - Niku
$VETERAN - Green
Stanley - Nogier
Bourque, Cederholm?

Comrie
Berdin/Brossoit

Looks like the roster is almost set. I'm assuming we will sign another veteran forward or two.

Ustaski, Woods

Schilling - Niku
Stoykowych - Green
Stanley - Nogier
Bourque, Beaudoin
Cederholm

Comrie
Applyby
Berdin

Reactions: jgimp

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Looks like the roster is almost set. I'm assuming we will sign another veteran forward or two.

Ustaski, Woods

Schilling - Niku
Stoykowych - Green
Stanley - Nogier
Bourque, Beaudoin
Cederholm

Comrie
Applyby
Berdin

McKenzie just signed today so add him to the mix at forward.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014

Ustaski, Woods

Schilling - Niku
Stoykowych - Green
Stanley - Nogier
Bourque, Beaudoin
Cederholm

Comrie
Applyby
Berdin
Looks like a pretty good team IMO.

Reactions: jgimp

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Lemieux - Spacek - J. HANSEN
Kerdiles - HARKINS - Lipon
? - Suess - EVERBERG

Niku-Nogier
Schilling - Green
Stanley - STOJKEWYCH
Bourque, Cederholm?

Comrie
Berdin

Made a few changes.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Two more. Girard is the fifth veteran after Griffith, Everberg, Lipon, and Schilling. One more veteran spot could still be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad