Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Players that didn't get recalled that are on NHL contracts are: Sgarbossa, Robinson, Schilling & Phillips - not that they would've played anyways.

boydkc

Aug 2, 2015
Appleton, Lemieux and Niku all graduate to the Jets next season.

Petan to be traded to Vancouver

Spacek traded to Montreal for a player or a Pick.

Reactions: Ares

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Why Vancouver and Montreal? Does Spacek have any value?

Lemieux has a shot at the roster, but no way for Appleton IMO

Reactions: 204hockey

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Niku for sure. There likely won't be enough spots for Appleton and Lemieux unless they beat someone else out. They'll have to have huge TC's for that to happen. Doubt Spacek is traded yet. Petan may be.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Perth Australia is the furthest city from Winnipeg with a "pro" hockey team. A lovely city, with the advantage of the predominant language being largely understandable by English speaking people. :)

Yeah, but Kazakhstan is such a long way from everywhere, :laugh: including Perth Australia.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Cormier leaving opens up another forward slot for a prospect. I wish him the best of luck, he was a good role model and leader for our prospects while he was here.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Cormier leaving opens up another forward slot for a prospect. I wish him the best of luck, he was a good role model and leader for our prospects while he was here.

I hope it opens another forward slot for a veteran... I really hope the Moose aren't going the cheap way of playing less than six veterans (the maximum allowable under AHL rules) again, as they did in their first two seasons back.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I hope it opens another forward slot for a veteran... I really hope the Moose aren't going the cheap way of playing less than six veterans (the maximum allowable under AHL rules) again, as they did in their first two seasons back.

I guess it depends how many slots they will want for kids:

Vesalinen - Spacek - Appelton
Lemieux - DeLeo - Lipon/McKenzie
Suess - Harkins - Mckenzie/Lipon
Vet - Vet - Vet

Vet - Vet
Vet - Green
Stanley - Nogier

Comrie
Phillips

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I guess it depends how many slots they will want for kids:

Vesalinen - Spacek - Appelton
Lemieux - DeLeo - Lipon/McKenzie
Suess - Harkins - Mckenzie/Lipon
Vet - Vet - Vet

Vet - Vet
Vet - Green
Stanley - Nogier

Comrie
Phillips

Lipon is a veteran, and I hope they have a contingency plan in case Spacek is not ready for #1C duty. In fact, I hope they sign a #1C veteran.

Vesalainen - $VET - Appleton
Lemieux - Spacek - Lipon
DeLeo - Suess - $VET
Harkins/McKenzie - $VET - guy

Niku - $VET
$VET - Green
Stanley-Nogier

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
What constitutes a vet in the AHL? Is there a games played threshold?

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

Also updated my post with a potential lineup.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Perth Australia is the furthest city from Winnipeg with a "pro" hockey team. A lovely city, with the advantage of the predominant language being largely understandable by English speaking people. :)

You underestimate Australians.

But the Australian league would be really nice destination for guys looking to whack a puck around in the twilight of their careers.

Reactions: Laine Fan

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Most liveable city in the world imo. Perth is unreal, all must go there. Plus pro hockey there means they get you a job while you play for free.

Reactions: Laine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad