Manitoba Moose 2.0: AHL in Winnipeg 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I actually love the Moose sweaters. They look great. Long live the double-blue.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
Going Jets colours makes a ton of sense from a logistical standpoint as a called up player can continue to wear all of his own gear. Same with the numbers, sadly. It becomes super easy to stitch on a new player's name if he gets called up as they only need to worry about one font.

I do agree that they should have gone with the brown Moose on the front, though. This one just looks washed out. I don't know if anyone remembers when the Moose had a Canucks coloured third jersey back in the day but it kind of reminds me of that.

Also, teams can play doubleheaders but the ice needs to be cleared 3 hours before the NHL game starts. From last year in Edmonton:

http://www.whl.ca/article/overtime-format-change-in-edmonton

CALGARY, AB – The Western Hockey League has announced that the playoff game between the Prince Albert Raiders and the Edmonton Oil Kings on Saturday, March 22, may require a shoot-out to determine the winning Club.

NHL Regulations require that the ice in an NHL venue must be clear for three hours prior to one of their games. Prince Albert and Edmonton are scheduled to play at 1:30 pm on Saturday, March 22, in Rexall Place, followed by a NHL contest between the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers at 8:00 pm.

Consequently, if the WHL game is tied and overtime is needed, there will only be time to play one overtime period. Should the game still be tied after the first overtime period, a shoot-out (as per WHL regular season rules) will be held to determine the winning Club.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I actually love the Moose sweaters. They look great. Long live the double-blue.

Agreed. I always liked the "angry Moose" logo, but wasn't much of a fan of the old colour scheme. This new jersey suits me just fine.

I was intrigued about the possibilty of seeing one of the names/uniforms that they had as alternate plans when deciding on the Jets name, but at the end of the day, the Moose makes the most sense. Much like with the Jets in '11, the Moose brand is already solid in the community.

As for those mockups with the brown Moose, it actually doesn't look too bad in a small jersey image, but remember the complete uniform (especially the dark one) will have a ton of blue... it's like 95% dark (polar ice?) blue. The brown Moose may stick out more like a sore thumb in the total package IMO. I could live with bringing back the old antler numbers though. Something unique.

...so does this mean Mick E. will come back as a grey zombie Moose next year? (credit Shakey Rustie)

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
With all the Hype about Corry (Katie) Perry during the playoffs. Bettman has asked Chipmen to add a female Moose mascot

Introducing...............Kate.....E......Moose...........:sarcasm:

If they really were gonna do something like this its a no brainer it'd have to be Min E. Moose

impastabowl

Oct 15, 2011
The new logo reminds me of how they'd palette swap the monsters in those old Final Fantasy games.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
I agree.

But it's chipman's money, and he already bent (I think) on giving the public back the Jets name. I think the Moose brand means alot to him, it represents everything that it took for the Jets to become a reality. And if that's the case, then i'm ok with it

For many fans, it won't matter if they're called Moose, Mosquitos, Muskrats, or whatevs.

True North could make the jersey's polkadotted (sp?) and they'd still be selling like hotcakes.

Looking forward to attending a game or two next year!

True, but in the end, there was a better look for the Moose brand. I think everyone here might un-easily admit the Jets name was not his first wish, but bringing back the Moose could have had a better look already based on fan concepts.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Considering quite a substantial number of people who buy Jets season tickets, do so with others they split games with (i.e. 6 people buying 2 season tickets), I can see quite a few Jets season ticket holders snapping up the P1 seats. However, I think there will be enough seats available that everyone will be happy.

I still can't believe that in the Jets 1.0 days, you used to be able to buy Jets tickets at 7-11 on Game Day for $5-10. How times have changed..

As a teenager in the late 70's (WHA) McDonalds sold tickets in the old barn (before it was expanded) in the Gray section - which was the top two rows - for $3. I got to see Bobby Hull, Anders Hedberg, Ulf Nilsson, and Kent Nilsson for three bucks a pop!

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Chevy said in one of his interviews that construction had already started on new locker room s at MTS and the Iceplex.

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
Question for you guys/gals (sorry if it has been asked/answered already).
If someone has access to pre-sale, how many sets of tickets can they purchase? Can you transfer accounts right away?
What is the likelihood they sellout before sale to the general public?
Took a look at their website and didn't see those questions. Will look again later today.
Thanks!

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
15fn6es.jpg

Should've gone with something similar to this.

I"ve always found that jersey font to be a) illegilble, and b) bush league. Replace it with our current font, and I'm ok with this.

(That being said, I'm also ok with the blue moose, but don't see how it looks like a zombie...)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Question for you guys/gals (sorry if it has been asked/answered already).
If someone has access to pre-sale, how many sets of tickets can they purchase? Can you transfer accounts right away?
What is the likelihood they sellout before sale to the general public?
Took a look at their website and didn't see those questions. Will look again later today.
Thanks!

I know the P1 folks had the option of purchasing their actual existing seats only. I haven't seen any mention about limits for the next phase presale for all the STHs and wait list members - you could send an email to your ticket rep or use the contact form on the Moose site: http://www.moosehockey.com/contact.html. They were pretty good answering questions during the original Drive to 13000.

I have no idea what the demand will be. I asked my ticket group and no one else is interested. I'll probably go for an 11-game minipack and see how it goes...

rahzar

Oct 9, 2005
I submitted a ticket last night and they called me a little while ago.
Here are the answers I received:
1. There is no limit to how many sets of tickets you can purchase.
2. You will be able to transfer accounts soon, but they have not hashed out the details yet.
3. She couldn't comment on how many tickets will sell, etc. which I figured. Was worth a shot asking.

In regards to seat selection, only those who purchase a full season will be able to choose their seat. Any mini packs will choose their seats at a later date, with those who purchased earlier getting first dibs.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Only one of three people in our pool have any interest. Only one person out of 20 at work were willing to join a new group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->