Confirmed with Link: Mandolese inked to 3-year ELC

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Mandolese had a really nice season so his signing was expected. The Senators have never had a goal tending pipeline as strong as it is right now. I predict that a goalie will be lost in the expansion draft so good depth is vital.
That would be the best case scenario. I wouldn’t be upset if any of them were chosen.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I guess he will go back next season for his 20 year old year? Seems like that's a better place for him than the ECHL at this point. The next year there should be a spot in Belleville for him as Nilssons contract is up.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I guess he will go back next season for his 20 year old year? Seems like that's a better place for him than the ECHL at this point. The next year there should be a spot in Belleville for him as Nilssons contract is up.

assuming next year will be a Nilsson-Hogberg tandem in the nhl and a Gustavsson-daccord tandem in the AHL. I agree he is better in the Q over the ECHL.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
assuming next year will be a Nilsson-Hogberg tandem in the nhl and a Gustavsson-daccord tandem in the AHL. I agree he is better in the Q over the ECHL.

PD said on his interview that those three will figure it out for themselves in the minors.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
While situations may vary in the ECHL, I don't see anything wrong with starting there. Face men and some very seasoned pros versus a league full of 16 and 17 year olds many nights. Good goaltenders have started and continue to start in the ECHL.

I believe the Eagles will hand the net to Grimard although others may have a comment on that.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think this is the best goalie depth we have had in years. A decade ago it was an organizational weakness... Now we're fully stocked with a lot of quality.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Mandolese named QMJHL Goaltender of the Year – LHJMQ

He may not have had an amazing draft year but his D+1 season was goaltending I hadn't seen since the Fleury days on the Eagles. Really improved his game, he plays such a calm and smart style in nets. No reason he couldn't become an NHL starter in the future.
Thats terrific news! Sounds like he is on the right development path for sure, goalies are so hard to judge at a young age. Its amazing how much better than can get through time and the proper development.

Reactions: Emerz

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Very happy to feel like we've got a few kids in the system. I'm not against adding even more if we can find places for them to play. Elite goaltending is something we've lacked since... well, forever.

Maybe we should just use every draft pick we own for goalies? Horde them like they're Costco toilet paper.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Very happy to feel like we've got a few kids in the system. I'm not against adding even more if we can find places for them to play. Elite goaltending is something we've lacked since... well, forever.

Maybe we should just use every draft pick we own for goalies? Horde them like they're Costco toilet paper.

I wouldn't mind becoming a goalie factory ala Canucks. We definitely have a lot of good skill and prospects in the pipeline now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Mandolese could start in the ECHL, it's a much better league than junior & he's already proven he's a pretty good goalie in junior. Let him get a taste of the pros & he might even get a few games in Belleville next season. It's fine if he goes back, but I'd also be fine with him in Brampton.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad