TV: Mandalorian | Star Wars Series Directed by Jon Favreau (2019)

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Surprised nobody has started talking about this yet.

The Mandalorian: what to expect from the Star Wars TV show
The New York Times reports that Disney is plumbing $100 million into the series, with The Mandalorian intended as a lightning rod that can lure Star Wars fans onto the new Disney streaming service that will launch in 2019. This is certainly a power move from the Mouse House, which will expand the Star Wars universe in a way that George Lucas never quite managed to do. (Although Lucas planned out a series named Underworld in great detail, it was never produced.)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm excited. I was already going to get the streaming service for Clone Wars before this was announced. The list of directors really has me interested, especially with Filoni directing at least the first episode. Considering how much of canon Mandalorians came from him (or he was at least a part of along with Lucas in TCW), he's the perfect guy to start it off.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Stoked for live action Star Wars, and the Space Western aspect seem great. I hate the Mandalorian lore though, so I'm hoping that's pretty much only in the title and doesn't infest the plot of the series. The Mandalorians and the Jedi mysticism are two of my least favorite parts of Star Wars and why I can't fully embrace Filoni.

I'm excited. I was already going to get the streaming service for Clone Wars before this was announced.
Clone Wars will be on Netflix.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm pretty sure the new season will be on their streaming service, unless I missed an announcement somewhere. Not sure about the seasons already on Netflix though.
I may be midremembering the announcement. I thought they said the new season would be on Netflix, but the links I can find now don't state anything definitively.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Since Disney+ will become my new Netflix, of course I'll watch all the Marvel and Star Wars content on it.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I'm just kinda burned out on Star Wars. It's just been a long time since I've been satisfied with anything Stars Wars-related, and that was with Clone Wars, which was a cartoon surprisingly. Just over it. Over all of the hype all the time.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
There's a live stream right now. I'm assuming a trailer or teaser will come with it, but I've got a hockey game to watch...

Carl Weathers!

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This sounds like they understand what they need to do: set up the universe of the sequel trilogy. They should have done this before making The Force Awakens but hey, they can still use this set up for Rian Johnson's trilogy.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
That was George Lucas in that clip right? What is his capacity? I looked on IMDB and just has this as based on his characters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad