Managerial Thread Part V - Tottenham in Tatters

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Köpke is leaving the NT...I like it. Clear the scene for MAtS and bring someone in to be his guy.

What a fall. From complete control of AC Milan to bouncing from Moscow clubs who will fire him for no reason and refuse to pay him.

Rangnick gets to step into a less intensive role that allows him to focus on the consulting company he just started, while still getting a hefty salary (taxed at a flat 10%) for as long as he wants to live in Moscow...and I wouldn't be surprised if his company gets, or has already gotten, some nice investments from Russia...

I wish I could fail like that :dunno:

Reactions: bluesfan94

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think Nuno looks especially old for his age. I would say the opposite based on the pictures taken of him in the Spurs gear.

Pochettino though clearly doesn't look 49 - so I guess compared to most 47 year olds Pochettino will look younger.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Cherchesov sacked by Russia, some foreign managers linked are AVB, Low and German U21 manager Kuntz but there are domestic names mentioned such as Karpin, Semak, Slutsky returning or their U21 manager

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Zidane has reportedly rejected some offers from EPL clubs and is considering nothing except the National Team which is his only objective...

But since Le Graet has confirmed DD would continue... ZZ will have to wait at least 18 months.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Zidane has reportedly rejected some offers from EPL clubs and is considering nothing except the National Team which is his only objective...

But since Le Graet has confirmed DD would continue... ZZ will have to wait at least 18 months.

Or 8 months if France doesn't qualify for WC...

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Or 8 months if France doesn't qualify for WC...

Or 42 months if DD gets out of his own way long enough for them to lose in the semis (or better) next winter :naughty:

EDIT:
God damn has the Jogi era made me bitter :laugh:

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I would hate that if I was a French fan. Did those Real Madrid wins the CL because of him or because they were insanely loaded and could simply out talent their mistakes? I don't think Zidane is a terrible coach, but he's like lawn grass; resilient, but in the end it's still just grass.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

He’ll take on set pieces which were a disaster last season. I really don’t know much about him tbh. Not sure if any of our Chelsea fans have much on him

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
It was weird seeing Benitez in an Everton tracksuit for his first press conference.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Valery Karpin is the new Russia manager, interestingly he only signed a contract until the end of the year and he will do double duty as he will remain Rostov's manager as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->