Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Chelolsea

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Word is RDZ is definitely not going to Bayern. Which I think leaves them with calling Jupp back out of retirement or making Müller player-manager at this point.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Word is RDZ is definitely not going to Bayern. Which I think leaves them with calling Jupp back out of retirement or making Müller player-manager at this point.
Said kind of the opposite earlier, but I kind of want to see RDZ at Bologna if Motta take them Juve job.

I think that could be fun

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
It will be weird for the next Bayern coach to take over while knowing that they were not first or second choice but something like seventh.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
That's yet another thing they stole from us :-p...but this is one of my favorite bits in an amazing show :laugh:

Enh, first season was pretty fun, but it gradually dissolved into a self-satisfied slog

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Great banner at Feyenoord today for Arne Slot

Feyenoord finished this season with the best point total in their history; including their title winning season

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Postecoglou is a good coach but he did the same thing at Tottenham as so many coaches before him: Good early season results before fading in the second half.

Conte went 5-2-2 before he left, the team was playing very well.

After he left they only won 3 of their last 10

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Francesco Farioli (Nice) will go to Ajax most likely.
Prepare for some defensive boring football Amsterdam ! But efficient !

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
On the RDZ front, he is leaving due to a difference in transfer strategy. Bloom wants to continue to focus on young players from cost-effective leagues that are identified through Brightons amazing scouting network (Adingra, Mitoma, etc). He also wants to continue to supplement the young squad with experiences players that can be signed on a free (Milner, Welbeck, etc).

RDZ wants to sign more high end players from the below profile:

De Zerbi wants more players that fall in between those categories. Players in their mid-to-late twenties or early thirties with established records, who cost more in transfer fees, wages or both. They just do not fit into Brighton’s model.

Bloom wasn't going to budge on this and it seems there was no way forward for the two. It ends mutually and RDZ will always be remembered as a great success in Brighton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad