Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Lolverpool

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, some fake ITK has been thing to be do the Romano thing and tweeting out “updates” several times a day/ doing the podcast tour/etc. Been going in for a week or two, but most of the LFC fans know it’s just click bait, which is why I haven’t posted anything on it; and probably why other people haven’t either. Sucks that Amorim has to come out and say this, but he still has a league campaign he needs to finish.

This headline is very bad though. Amorim just wants people to stop talking shit. This isn’t exactly a denial, even though it’s framed that why. LFC talked to his agents, but haven’t offered/and probably won’t offer until Sporting season is over or they clinch their title. It’s a nothing burger right now, just speaks to the Twitter culture of online fan bases right now

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Eberl & Nagelsmann finally uniting, with Bayern's resources, is terrifying...but this is too funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ancelotti hasn't been there as long and hasn't really instituted a club-wide culture a la Liverpool, plus RM has a lot more top young talent and more money.
If anything it proves that Liverpool will be more patient with you and there would be less pressure from the get go compared to Real Madrid.

Don't get it twisted, I understand the appeal of Real Madrid but if he does not perform they won't be scared to sack him even if he just started his project. For Real Madrid the expectation are la liga championship and CL winner.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nagelsmann is expected to make his decision about returning to Bayern within a week. Would really suck for them to make up for their mistake this quickly, but them having to go back to JN with their tail between their legs is hilarious :laugh:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The succeeding Klopp stuff is just EPL spin to explain why the Real job is more attractive to managers.
I don't really think it's the case. Not so much the Real job being more attractive bit, because, Madrid is a higher prestige job (though not really a ton more at this stage).

If he wasn't Spanish, there's a discussion that it might not be the same draw it is. I still read those comments as one day he will likely go to Real Madrid. But were the Liverpool job available next summer, I think there's a discussion that he might be interested.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't really think it's the case. Not so much the Real job being more attractive bit, because, Madrid is a higher prestige job (though not really a ton more at this stage).

If he wasn't Spanish, there's a discussion that it might not be the same draw it is. I still read those comments as one day he will likely go to Real Madrid. But were the Liverpool job available next summer, I think there's a discussion that he might be interested.

It's not just Xabi and other spaniards that prefer the Real job...

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It isn't. But the reason he's going to get the links to the Real job is because he played there and because he's Spanish. The parade to make him manager won't stop until he gets it

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
To be fair especially if Mbappe comes the Real job is going to be an easy one. They are built for greatness with a ton of young players.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It isn't. But the reason he's going to get the links to the Real job is because he played there and because he's Spanish. The parade to make him manager won't stop until he gets it

I'm just saying that before Nagelsmann left Leipzig, it wasn't one day replacing Klopp at Liverpool that was being discussed for him if he didn't go to Bayern, but Real. And JN had none of the connections to that job that Xabi does.

Real is the biggest gig out there for a top young coach unless they have a specific connection somewhere else, or it's just not a culture fit. The prestige, the drawing power, the resources, etc.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Now that's something I wasn't expecting, especially with him apparently far preferring club management.

Time for them to bring Jupp back out of retirement again. :laugh:

Yeah, me neither. I would've been ok with him going back to Bayern for the lulz and so he could work with a lot of NTers on a day to day basis...but this is way better. I don't trust our defense / balance for these Euros, but by the WM we could be amongst the true favorites again.

...bringing Flick back wouldn't be the worst idea if Eberl can't land any of his other top candidates...

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Yeah, me neither. I would've been ok with him going back to Bayern for the lulz and so he could work with a lot of NTers on a day to day basis...but this is way better. I don't trust our defense / balance for these Euros, but by the WM we could be amongst the true favorites again.

...bringing Flick back wouldn't be the worst idea if Eberl can't land any of his other top candidates...
I'm skeptical of Flick's tactical acumen and talent identification (granted, this is what Eberl's there for). I think he bottled lightning and was able to motivate that first season but then it was clear he just sort of ran out of ideas or lacked the ability to identify and adjust to problems (same with the national team).

This could go anywhere now. I'm seeing all sorts of names, from the standard fodder like De Zerbi and Rangnick, to Emery and Ten Hag, to Zizou. :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm skeptical of Flick's tactical acumen and talent identification (granted, this is what Eberl's there for). I think he bottled lightning and was able to motivate that first season but then it was clear he just sort of ran out of ideas or lacked the ability to identify and adjust to problems (same with the national team).

This could go anywhere now. I'm seeing all sorts of names, from the standard fodder like De Zerbi and Rangnick, to Emery and Ten Hag, to Zizou. :laugh:

They been calling Zidane for a while...to little effect...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sorry, I was being facetious.
gLvmkT.gif

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
off field and having space to pick players that fit what they want with time to getting to the right results is probably more important than who the guy is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad