Managerial Thread - 23/24 Season - Lolverpool

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It means it makes no logical sense to say look what Tottenham did, when Tottenham would have rather had this guy
Yes and they hired Ange, I am not Spurs fan but I doubt they were jumping and running celebrating when they announced him (not saying they hated the hire). That being said he did fairly well and now they love him. I am not ready to celebrate that we got Slot, I want to see results and that will be only available next year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yes and they hired Ange, I am not Spurs fan but I doubt they were jumping and running celebrating when they announced him (not saying they hated the hire). That being said he did fairly well and now they love him. I am not ready to celebrate that we got Slot, I want to see results and that will be only available next year.
Sure but you (not specifically you) can’t say how great Ange is and be worried about Slot. You don’t have to celebrate, but there is no reason to be negative

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It means it makes no logical sense to say look what Tottenham did, when Tottenham would have rather had this guy
??? I am talking for actual results in the EPL.
Ange improved their team but at the time of they announced him it was never a certainty he would be having this success. If they hire that Slot guy and improve LFC that would be amazing. I am in a wait a see approach. I do not like the hire, that's my view.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
??? I am talking for actual results in the EPL.
Ange improved their team but at the time of they announced him it was never a certainty he would be having this success. If they hire that Slot guy and improve LFC that would be amazing. I am in a wait a see approach. I do not like the hire, that's my view.
No one is a certainty though

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Ange has been OK. I can say he had a good season only if he finishes top 4, but I had Tottenham penciled in for 5th in the PL this year, and it's where he's brought them.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bayern getting Tuchel in because JN ruffled too many feathers by wanting to rejuvenate the side, will never stop being funny to me.

TT & Uli are now getting into it, with Hoeneß criticizing Tuchel for just wanting to buy replacements for everyone instead of working to improve Davies, Pavlovic, and Musiala.
I guess this is Uli getting out and making sure it's clear TT is gone no matter what happens from here out, but geez these guys have no sense of timing and need to just shut up sometimes. :laugh:

Also, sort of weird criticism considering Musiala has been a regular fixture, Pavlovic only became a thing under Tuchel, and Davies can't stay healthy and has just been trash for a couple of seasons now. It also took him a year+, but he is getting the best out of Kimmich/Goretzka currently. Bayern higher ups all seem to have main character syndrome.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I guess this is Uli getting out and making sure it's clear TT is gone no matter what happens from here out, but geez these guys have no sense of timing and need to just shut up sometimes. :laugh:

Also, sort of weird criticism considering Musiala has been a regular fixture, Pavlovic only became a thing under Tuchel, and Davies can't stay healthy and has just been trash for a couple of seasons now. It also took him a year+, but he is getting the best out of Kimmich/Goretzka currently. Bayern higher ups all seem to have main character syndrome.

Maybe that's it, but I'd bet it's just Uli doing Uli things because TT annoyed him this week and you're completely right about the egos in that building lol.

FWIW TT was demanding they spend Kane money on a 6 before he was forced to work with Pavlovic & Goretzka...though I suspect that Kimmich relenting on playing RB again had more to do with Bayern's failures this season than Tuchel's 'personal touch' :laugh:

Musiala is a regular, through whom a lot of their attacking play flows, now. But that wasn't the case at first...TT was much more focused on Sane, both tactically and in interviews, and he made Jamal a lot more of an afterthought than Nagelsmann had.

...but like with Kimmich's renaissance, I suspect that shift has had more to do with results forcing TT's hand than him having secretly always believed in Musiala and just now started showing it. So I can believe that he wanted to cash in on Musiala and bring his own guy in instead, as well.

Reactions: gary69

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ange has been OK. I can say he had a good season only if he finishes top 4, but I had Tottenham penciled in for 5th in the PL this year, and it's where he's brought them.
The narrative around him all season is that he is the best thing since sliced bread.

The venn diagram of people complaining about Slot and lauding Angie is a flat circle, which is fine and good but ignores that every team, including Tottenham would have rather had Slot this time last year

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I have my fair share of criticisms towards Spurs product on the pitch. How much of that has to do with Ange is hard to say. Might be more clear next season. So all I can say is that he's a fantastic orator who the team has bought into (for now).

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I have my fair share of criticisms towards Spurs product on the pitch. How much of that has to do with Ange is hard to say. Might be more clear next season. So all I can say is that he's a fantastic orator who the team has bought into (for now).
I love the play, it's the end result I'm not thrilled with. But he deserves at least another year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
i mean i guess good to see that savant picks endless pointless semantic battles with fans of his own team as well
I am all about equal opportunity. Honestly I hate the loud minority the LFC fans on twitter more than any one here. By far.

I love the play, it's the end result I'm not thrilled with. But he deserves at least another year.
For sure. (In this moment) I am not intending to be negative on Angie. I’m just saying, if Angie worked out, there is no reason Slot; who was higher rated, can’t work out too. Or at least there is no reason to poop on the hire

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@JeffreyLFC its all good no hard feelings today of course. Did want to share one more thing that I thought you might find interesting

Interesting to see how similarly they graded out on these metrics. And we know LFC front office very data driven; so if you are seeing two similar guys, and one of them requires (rightfully or wrongfully) nuking the team/infrastructure to accommodate a formation that the captain hates, the vice captain has no position in, and the club hasn’t played regularly for decades; you can see the logic of why LFC had Slot 2nd on their list to Alonso.

No he isn’t exciting but he’s got some good things going for him. Let’s focus on the positive. We need it :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad