Managerial merry Go round part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Damn.

If Inter actually becomes a well-run club , (as I feared they would once Marotta was hired) , it's bad news for the rest of Serie A.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:amazed:
I didn't give a report here, but after more or less giving Genesio an extension, Lyon losing to Rennes in the Cup semis at home and then failing at home against Dijon means Aulas has now more or less declared Genesio isn't getting an extension right now.
It's not a secret Aulas has tried to get a high profile coach recently, including Blanc and others.

But guess who was at the Lyon airport today????

Jose MF Mourinho :facepalm:

Reactions: Gecklund

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Stefano Pioli resigns as Fiorentina manager after a streak of 7 without a win and a home loss to Frosinone being the last result. Their only route to Europe this season will be winning the cup

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
:amazed:
I didn't give a report here, but after more or less giving Genesio an extension, Lyon losing to Rennes in the Cup semis at home and then failing at home against Dijon means Aulas has now more or less declared Genesio isn't getting an extension right now.
It's not a secret Aulas has tried to get a high profile coach recently, including Blanc and others.

But guess who was at the Lyon airport today????

Jose MF Mourinho :facepalm:
You won't be so mad when Mourinho leads them to European glory and wins the league in his 2nd season.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Wish I could hit the like button 100 times because that's the only thing that makes sense.
It was not tongue in cheek Lol. Chelsea fans pride themselves of their defensive teams under Mourinho and bunkering style to win their CL trophy. Simeone is a manager they'd probably prefer over Pep.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I've followed PL for 7 years. He is easily the worst manager I've seen.

In the summer of 2015, Steve McClaren was fresh from failing to achieve promotion from the Championship with the title favourites. His side had ultimately dropped to eighth place from the position of top of the league with 13 games remaining, seven points clear of sixth. This was a squad that had been reinforced by seven players in January, and in those 13 games they were shut out five times, while keeping only two clean sheets themselves. And Newcastle United judged the mind behind this ignominious collapse was capable of succeeding in the Premier League.

Strangely, I remain ungrateful to Mike Ashley for this, amongst other things.

Funnily enough, McClaren wasn't always a terrible manager - from 2001 to 2006 he managed Middlesbrough with a degree of competence. But even then, another Newcastle fan was pretty close to the bone when they suggested McClaren knew three ways to play football, which are as follows:

1. Everybody back.
2. Everybody forward.
3. Surrender.

Reactions: Cassano

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Montella returns to Fiorentina, he was also linked to the vacant Iran job and offered a lot of money there but doubt he ever seriously considered it

Reactions: Il Mediano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Luis Campos now has a big offer from Roma, but also from Chelsea as sporting director. OM too, but let's be real.
From what I hear, he could continue his activities in Lille and sign there since in Lille, he's not officially a sporting director but rather a "special counselor", whatever that means.
@Il Mediano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also Luis Campos is rumored to have said he'd sign somewhere this summer.
Interviewed today, he said he has 3 names for each position should Lille sell this summer :amazed:
That's professionalism here (and the best scouting eye in the game, all purchases on the cheap).

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Yeah , I dunno what to think . I'd obviously be interested in him coming to Roma ,but I know it's not the most attractive job in the world.

Guess we'll find out.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Could be a great hire actually. I’m very interested to see how he does. He had NYRB dominating for the most part.

Also barring something like Spurs winning the CL but missing out on top 4 domestically, Salzburg for once will play in the Champions League group stage as the Austrian league champs are next in line for a group stage spot should the CL winners qualify through the league as well

Reactions: Gecklund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad