Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
D8pcP_yXoAU38vH.jpg:large

Reactions: Jersey Fresh

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, I think it's best for both if Sarri goes, but he's done a pretty decent job all things considered.

As for who's next, I think they're going to wrestle with Lampard or someone else to transition. Maybe Rafa is looking to do that, but I think some of the argument is going to come down to, if you think Lampard is eventually your guy, do you make him wait, or just go with it now?

It really won't matter if they can't find some younger talent and cash to support him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I mean, I think it's best for both if Sarri goes, but he's done a pretty decent job all things considered.

As for who's next, I think they're going to wrestle with Lampard or someone else to transition. Maybe Rafa is looking to do that, but I think some of the argument is going to come down to, if you think Lampard is eventually your guy, do you make him wait, or just go with it now?

It really won't matter if they can't find some younger talent and cash to support him.

We have young talent and cash waiting to be spent when the ban is up. Any person taking the job has to have the confidence in the board to stick with them through the ban, and I think the only candidate that should have that confidence is Lampard.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Aha, that would explain why I saw (and refused to click on) a headline about Newcastle wanting to bring in either Wenger or Mourinho (lol to all three)

It's the bloke who's allegedly buying Newcastle who apparently wants Wenger or Mourinho.

I scarcely need add that Ashley wants Benitez out. For a replacement, any desperate, cheap yes-man will do.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Good luck to him, always liked him and the only Croatia NT coach that never drove me crazy as he focused on football and not trying to be a politician

Though he will be under big pressure at WBA and outside of one season at West Ham and Besiktas his club career hasn’t been great, even in Saudi Arabia he almost got a club relegated

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Thank god. Chelsea could have become a pretty strong team with Sarri at the helm; I think they're going to crash and burn this season on the back of Hazard and Sarri leaving.

Reactions: maclean

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Yeah I'm not happy with Sarri leaving right now. He started integrating youth, he was trying to implement his style on a team that didn't back him nor has his type of players.

We couldn't really ask for more out of him this year, just awful to let him go.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Maybe the positive is they get a summer camp instead of whacking him in November after they “supported the manager” with one signing he didn’t want and another crappy loan or two.

Reactions: maclean

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I honestly don't hate the idea of Chelsea hiring Lampard.

But if they do, it needs to signal a youth movement and they need to be patient with the guy. And the problem is, asking for that would go against the Chelsea we've grown to love.

For me, I think regression is unavoidable at this point, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing for the future of Chelsea if you do it right.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Antero Henrique officially leaves PSG. Leonardo is going to take over, with expanded responsibilities.
Tuchel will have to get along because Leo will be the main man.

Reactions: gary69

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Antero Henrique officially leaves PSG. Leonardo is going to take over, with expanded responsibilities.
Tuchel will have to get along because Leo will be the main man.
Does Tuchel get along with anyone?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
We'll see.
Personally I don't like Henrique much. He missed on all the major targets and signed some players who really didn't shine at big price (Kehrer, Paredes), while also failing to bring the depth Tuchel demanded (especially at 6).
However, two things to consider : he apparently played a major part in the Mbappe signing (that's a 21 out of 20) and how much were the Kehrer and Paredes signings his or Tuchel's choices?

That said, this is a defining moment in Tuchel's career. Leonardo understands the game extremely well, and has major contact everywhere. He also can recognize talent. He can make some mistakes, like anyone, but he'll acknowledge them. He's also a tough guy that won't deal with shit.
If Tuchel can't get this team to perform like it should, if Tuchel can't get along with Leonardo, he'll have that image for a while. He's a smart guy and he knows it. He had the Henrique excuse that he used all year long. This time, no excuse.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Managerial changes galore this week in Serie A

- AC Milan target Marco Giampaolo leaves Sampdoria
- Prandelli out at Genoa, replaced by Andreazzoli who just left relegated Empoli
- Despite earning promotion, Hellas Verona have a new manager, Ivan Juric who managed Genoa multiple times last few seasons

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
AC Milan target Marco Giampaolo leaves Sampdoria

Still not entirely sure how I feel about this appointment. I wasn't overly enthused by the idea when he was linked with Roma.

We shall see, but he was obviously hired on his ability with youth and attacking mindset. I really didn't think Gattuso was doing that bad of a job, personally.

- Prandelli out at Genoa, replaced by Andreazzoli who just left relegated Empoli

Genoa's a joke. There are rumors Preziosi might sell the club, and that'd be fantastic news for the fans of the club and for Serie A in general. A historical club in a market like Genoa deserves much better.

Despite earning promotion, Hellas Verona have a new manager, Ivan Juric who managed Genoa multiple times last few seasons

Sounds about right. Why keep the guy that got you there? Juric isn't too bad tbf, but this sends the wrong message, imo. You could always hire a new manager mid-season.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

I am actually excited to have him as coach. He will completely change the culture.
He turned a nobody in Mertens to a double digit goal scorer. Imagine what he could do with this team, specifically Dybala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->