Managerial merry go round part II

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Poch is now openly stating he would like to return to Paris at some point.

I think he's taken Spurs as far as they're going to go, it wouldn't be a bad time to leave.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

I think he's taken Spurs as far as they're going to go, it wouldn't be a bad time to leave.
I think it's now only a mater of time before he leaves. Last summer probably did not help convincing him with Levy not getting any new players. There are some big clubs with lot of money sniffing around (Manchester United, Real Madrid and possibly Bayern). I think even some Spurs players might feel it too (Eriksen, Vertonghen, Alderweireld)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Doubt PSG is interested right now. They love Tuchel. Last summer was the good timing. Don't think PSG regrets so far. United is a possibility however.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Doubt PSG is interested right now. They love Tuchel. Last summer was the good timing. Don't think PSG regrets so far. United is a possibility however.

I’d love him at United but I can’t see him being interested unless he’s willing to build a team again. He’d have the money and backing of spending he never had at Tottenham though which is a plus.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Totally. Poch wants a step up in terms of spending, that seems pretty clear.
Now maybe he also thinks about two things :
1- his image as Spurs coach would be troubled by him leaving for United.
2- he could have a chance to sign with Bayern or Real next summer, which is two huge opportunities that don't happen every year.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Some random people on twitter speculating that SAF might come out of retirement to coach for the half season. Now I don’t believe this at all and I don’t expect/want anyone to believe it. I just want to dream.

Reactions: Evilo

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Some random people on twitter speculating that SAF might come out of retirement to coach for the half season. Now I don’t believe this at all and I don’t expect/want anyone to believe it. I just want to dream.
If only Manchester United's ownership and upper management didn't also wish this could happen, they might be able to get their act together.

Still, great entertainment for the rest of us.

Reactions: maclean

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Part of me would love to see this. Part of me also doesn’t want to see this happen because it’d just be a tease and I couldn’t handle him leaving again :laugh:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Zidane seems the most appropriate person to take over United long0term, Blanc would also be a coup. Who they take on short-term to ride out the season seeems material only insofar as keeping the players they need to keep happy

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Is it just me or does mou and the US mens team seem like a match in heaven. I know they just hired a new coach, but mou in the states would be an awesome spectacle to watch

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is it just me or does mou and the US mens team seem like a match in heaven. I know they just hired a new coach, but mou in the states would be an awesome spectacle to watch
That sounds like an awful match. USMNT needs to play possession, not defend and hope for a draw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad