Leonardo Jardim: 16/1
Eddie Howe: 16/1
Jupp Heynckes: 20/1
Guus Hiddink: 20/1
Lucien Favre: 25/1
Mauricio Pochettino: 25/1
Nicky Butt: 25/1
Arsene Wenger: 25/1

I'd love Carrick as a caretaker while they're finalizing who the long term guy will be, but I don't think he should be the next permanent manager. He's obviously a club legend, and seems like he has a good managerial career ahead of him, but he's essentially only got a half year of experience under his belt. Throwing him into the tire fire that is United right now is not setting him up for success.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I wouldn’t mind Zidane for the caretaker role. He seems to be good with players, getting the locker room fixed and the morale back up would be pretty ideal. Then going after whoever they want long term.

I find this post very funny because it rests on the assumption that Zidane would be willing to step in as an interim manager for 6 months with no intentions of being kept on after that, and that, rather than be thrilled at this absurd hypothetical, you just "wouldn't mind."

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'd love Carrick as a caretaker while they're finalizing who the long term guy will be, but I don't think he should be the next permanent manager. He's obviously a club legend, and seems like he has a good managerial career ahead of him, but he's essentially only got a half year of experience under his belt. Throwing him into the tire fire that is United right now is not setting him up for success.

I wouldn't. He's completely inexperienced and throwing him out to the wolves might have permanent effects for his future career. It's not like Giggs was very good either after Moyes was sacked. OGS would be a better option since he's been coaching for several years now.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I find this post very funny because it rests on the assumption that Zidane would be willing to step in as an interim manager for 6 months with no intentions of being kept on after that, and that, rather than be thrilled at this absurd hypothetical, you just "wouldn't mind."
This was my thought process when reading that post, but I didn't have the patience to articulate it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm a bit surprised as well, but they did get completely embarrassed and played off the pitch in the second biggest game of the year (the only bigger one being the home fixture)
Yeah I mean I understand that but you’d think getting outplayed by the likes of Brighton, Young Boys (to an extent), and Southampton are worse. Also being out of the top 4 with little to no way to make up the ground.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Why would ZZ do it?

Oh he definitely wouldn’t. I was basing this off something I saw that said United wanted ZZ as a caretaker manager. Should’ve prefaced it. Doesn’t matter as it looks likes they want Solskjaer to be the caretaker.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Daily Telegraph are saying OGS would take over for the remainder of the season. It seems unlikely that he'd leave Molde for just that. Though I see the metaphor of Solskjaer coming in in the middle of the season and saving it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Daily Telegraph are saying OGS would take over for the remainder of the season. It seems unlikely that he'd leave Molde for just that. Though I see the metaphor of Solskjaer coming in in the middle of the season and saving it.

Yeah I don’t get the OGS rumors.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United should just bring back all their old players. Evra, Neville, Giggs, Carrick, OGS, Scholes, Keane, all under Blanc. Get them playing the right style with Blanc and teach them what it means to be at United. No but really they should at least have a few ex players come in and kind of scare them straight in a way.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
United should just bring back all their old players. Evra, Neville, Giggs, Carrick, OGS, Scholes, Keane, all under Blanc. Get them playing the right style with Blanc and teach them what it means to be at United. No but really they should at least have a few ex players come in and kind of scare them straight in a way.

Absolutely not. Good players don't equal good managers. None of those who entered coaching roles particularly excelled. Giggs tried to strong arm his way into the manager job. Neville got an opportunity based on a business partner.

I'm getting really tired of ex players being the expert on everything United. Chris Smalling isn't Rio Ferdinand because he sucks, not because he doesn't know how to win. It's ridiculous.

They should get a functioning manager and technical director. Stop with the nostalgia.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Did I read that correctly? Moyes still has 6 months left on his original United contract? How many managers are United paying atm?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Absolutely not. Good players don't equal good managers. None of those who entered coaching roles particularly excelled. Giggs tried to strong arm his way into the manager job. Neville got an opportunity based on a business partner.

I'm getting really tired of ex players being the expert on everything United. Chris Smalling isn't Rio Ferdinand because he sucks, not because he doesn't know how to win. It's ridiculous.

They should get a functioning manager and technical director. Stop with the nostalgia.
It was more of a scaring straight sort of thing. Except Blanc. Blanc is for his system. The rest are to show what playing for United is about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->