Managerial merry go round part II

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Rennes coach Sabri Lamouchi relieved of duty, reserves coach Julien Stéphan to temporarily take over

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Southampton sacked Mark Hughes this morning, Ralph Hassenhuttl (Previously RB Leipzig) is believed to be the replacement, and will be announced before this Saturday's game vs Cardiff.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Southampton sacked Mark Hughes this morning, Ralph Hassenhuttl (Previously RB Leipzig) is believed to be the replacement, and will be announced before this Saturday's game vs Cardiff.
I know many Buli folks don't like Hasenhüttl, but I do. Don*t know if he fits EPL standards. Felix Austria!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Athletic Club have sacked Berizzo after today's result. Can't say I'm surprised considering they only have one win all season and are in the relegation zone. They shouldn't be a relegation candidate though with the quality in that side.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
LOL, Klopp translates Hasenhüttl to the English.Hase= Rabbit and Hüttl means nothing he says. I'd say Hüttl actually means cabin. So it's Rabbitcabin or Rabbitbarn or better hare stall.

Yoshidas Island

Jan 2, 2015
So'ton going through managers like Milan.
There was talks that Southampton was just going to let Hughes go at the end of the season, but re-thought their choice when there was pressure from the fans to keep him on. The Vice-Chairman who oversaw the manager hiring has now been removed from the club, so this should be a step forward for Southampton.

There's been also been discussion that that Paul Mitchell will re-link up with both Hassenhüttl and Southampton, but that remains to be seen as he's still under contract.
Hassenhüttl also promised that he'd stay with the Saints even if we get relegated, so hopefully that brings some structure back to the club.

Yoshidas Island

Jan 2, 2015
LOL, Klopp translates Hasenhüttl to the English.Hase= Rabbit and Hüttl means nothing he says. I'd say Hüttl actually means cabin. So it's Rabbitcabin or Rabbitbarn or better hare stall.
Hasenhüttl actually made fun of Klopp today during his first press conference. He said something along the lines of "Since Klopp's been in England for 3 years now I'm starting to think his English is better than his German, because hüttl actually means little hut"

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Genoa sacks Juric, who hasn't won a game since Ballardini was sacked. Prendelli is apparently his replacement.

Ballardini had the team in a very respectable position. That firing made no sense at the time and it looks even worse now.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Hasenhüttl actually made fun of Klopp today during his first press conference. He said something along the lines of "Since Klopp's been in England for 3 years now I'm starting to think his English is better than his German, because hüttl actually means little hut"
Yeah, I heard that, too. Hasenhüttl is a cool guy and I wish him success in England. Hasenhüttl is where you put your rabbits in. Don't know the correct term. Hut might be correct.

Reactions: Yoshidas Island

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Which team would be stupid enough to sign Mourinho now?
Everyone said it would be a disaster for United and it surely was.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I mean, I was surprised when Utd brought him in that there's a big team that still believes the myth. I'm sure he'll have no problem finding SOME gig, but only if his ego can take a massive downgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad