Managerial merry go round part II

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
-Unzue linked with the Celta post.

-Braida apparently said that Koeman was going to be the next Barça manager.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
some friends were talking about wenger replacements. I mentioned Rodgers have some good pl sucess, can play nice football and probably learned quite a few things from lfc firing. just went undefeated in the spl. Some of his transfer have worked out well under klopp and has a decent history with younger players.

assuming the big name targets say no ofc.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Assuming Wenger leaves, Arsenal should be able to do much better than Rodgers. They won't go for him anyway.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
-Unzue linked with the Celta post.

-Braida apparently said that Koeman was going to be the next Barça manager.

Might as well change barca into the avs.

some friends were talking about wenger replacements. I mentioned Rodgers have some good pl sucess, can play nice football and probably learned quite a few things from lfc firing. just went undefeated in the spl. Some of his transfer have worked out well under klopp and has a decent history with younger players.

assuming the big name targets say no ofc.

I hear Lucho is available.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Sport Express report that Rubin Kazan will re-hire Kurban Berdyev as manager.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Portugese papers announce Jesus to PSG, who will pay 15M to get him.

So to sum up :
Fire Blanc, give him 20M€.
Fire Emery, give him something like 10M€.
Hire Jesus and pay 15M€.

Are we really witnessing a team paying 45M€ to downgrade every year at the coaching position??? :biglaugh:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Jorge Jesus going to PSG is a godsend. He's a lunatic and has potentially ruined Ryan Gauld's career, so I wish him nothing but failure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
El-Khelaifi has announced Emery will continue next season.
Of course he said the same one month before firing Blanc, but I believe it's true since they have no replacement in line (they had Simeone, but he'll stay one more year at least).

So what that means is that there's a HUGE question mark on the transfer period : some players will want to go (HBA, Aurier, Areola, Krychowiak, Jese, possibly Rabiot and Verratti), while I'm not sure PSG cna attract world class players anymore.
PSG wants to spend tons of money this offseason (they doubled their transfer budget), but who will want to come on a team where 14 players are involved and if you're not one of the 14, you don't play AT ALL?
Who will want to come to a team where there's aboslutely NO clear tactical approach?
Who will want to come to a team whose offense is Cavani and period?

They're after Sanchez (Draxler has fallen from the face of the earth after great debuts), Oblak (why? Goalie isn't a problem), and have to recruit two fullbacks (Maxwell retiring, Aurier moving), one CB (3 CBs so far), one midfielder (Motta likely retiring or moving), potentially plenty (Matuidi, Verratti and Rabiot all in transfer talks), two wingers (Lucas and HBA moving, Di Maria potentially) and a backup striker.
I'm not sure they get one single world class player from all those needs.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Former Liverpool defender/midfielder Igor Biscan is starting in the coaching ranks, he recently won promotion to the first division with tiny Zagreb neighborhood club Rudes but despite the promotion he will coach Olimpija Ljubljana in Slovenia next season

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
El-Khelaifi has announced Emery will continue next season.
Of course he said the same one month before firing Blanc, but I believe it's true since they have no replacement in line (they had Simeone, but he'll stay one more year at least).

So what that means is that there's a HUGE question mark on the transfer period : some players will want to go (HBA, Aurier, Areola, Krychowiak, Jese, possibly Rabiot and Verratti), while I'm not sure PSG cna attract world class players anymore.
PSG wants to spend tons of money this offseason (they doubled their transfer budget), but who will want to come on a team where 14 players are involved and if you're not one of the 14, you don't play AT ALL?
Who will want to come to a team where there's aboslutely NO clear tactical approach?
Who will want to come to a team whose offense is Cavani and period?

They're after Sanchez (Draxler has fallen from the face of the earth after great debuts), Oblak (why? Goalie isn't a problem), and have to recruit two fullbacks (Maxwell retiring, Aurier moving), one CB (3 CBs so far), one midfielder (Motta likely retiring or moving), potentially plenty (Matuidi, Verratti and Rabiot all in transfer talks), two wingers (Lucas and HBA moving, Di Maria potentially) and a backup striker.
I'm not sure they get one single world class player from all those needs.

PSG still have UCL which is supposed to attract world class players apparently.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Mircea Lucescu sacked by Zenit after one season. Mancini is rumored to go there.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Stepping into the mess Watzke is turning BVB into would be rough on the idiosyncratic Favre...though seeing what he could do with those attackers ahead of a Weigl-Dahoud midfield would be an absolute joy.

they should hire Jurgen Klinsmann or Arsene Wenger imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->