Managerial merry go round part II

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Second season in a row they let a manager go the summer following safety in the Prem, also think the next manager will be the 7th since the Pozzo family took over? Mazzarri however did not seem overly popular with the players and especially the fans

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG apparently rejected signing Henrique (Porto sporting director) at the last minute and will sign Berta instead next week.
Berta has been Atletico's sporting director and this further fuels the idea PSG will give a blank check to Diego Simeone.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Too bad he didn't sign a one year deal. Then we could relive the same Arsenal fan disappointment next summer when he again renewed his contract.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Great news! Wenger gets to construct his team with his bare hands since the stadium debt issue is no longer a burden. #WengerIn

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Mainz sack Martin Schmidt, no replacement named yet

Dortmund youth managers seem to be the rage in the English Championship now :laugh: Daniel Farke, Dortmund U23s, has been named new Norwich City manager

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Probably not of big interest, but Sparta Prague goes for Italian coach Andrea Stramacionni, formerly of Inter and Udinese, most recently of Panathinaikos. Extremely rare here to bring in foreign coaches so I'm curious

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Still seems to be living off that youth CL victory with Inter Milan, hasn't been successful really anywhere

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Marco Silva seems to be the favorite to take on the Porto job, apparently in interviews today.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Some speculation that Sam Allardyce has resigned as Palace manager, Daily Mail reports it as fact

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Some speculation that Sam Allardyce has resigned as Palace manager, Daily Mail reports it as fact

Really wow?

Nothing on Sky Sports or BBC yet.

Unless the board have told him they are selling half the team and he gets no money to buy I don't get why he would quit.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Unless the board have told him they are selling half the team and he gets no money to buy I don't get why he would quit.

A relegation savior can probably get a massive wedge in this current time.

He also did say before that his wife wants to live in the US at some point.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Sam says he's done managing.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/...out-crystal-palace-football-club-3724069.aspx

In some ways, this has been a very difficult decision to make, but in others it has been a simple one.

I will always be grateful to Crystal Palace and Steve Parish for giving me the opportunity to go out with my head held high having helped keep the club in the Premier League.

More than that, they gave me a chance of rebuilding my reputation after what happened with England. I felt I needed another shot at being a Premier League manager and showing that I still had the ability to achieve something significant. As I said last weekend, Palace gave me the chance of rehabilitation.

That’s why it’s hard walking away now. I think the club are heading in the right direction with a hugely supportive board of directors, a great squad of players and some of the most passionate fans I’ve ever met. It’s been a privilege to have worked here for the past five months.

But there comes a time when you have to take stock of what direction you want your life to take - and that’s been the simple part for me.

I want to be able to savour life while I’m still relatively young and when I’m still relatively healthy enough to do all the things I want to do, like travel, spend more time with my family and grandchildren without the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager.

This is the right time for me. I have no ambitions to take another job, I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League.

Steve Parish has been superb during our conversations today. I know it came as a shock to him that I would walk away but our discussions have been incredibly civilised with no recriminations and no fall-out.

This is not about transfer targets, finances or anything along those lines. This is me taking the decision I believe is right for my family and myself.

I would like to thank everybody for their messages of support since the news broke. I’ve no doubt I will miss management, but I certainly have no regrets at this decision.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Apparently, PSG's new sporting director won't be Berta (Atletico), who rejected PSG's offer. PSG are coming back to Henrique.
Most likely no Simeone...

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Anyone to Arsenal? Please ANYONE you dont ned to know **** about todays football.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad