Management Thread: Weisileaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Tkachuk recently made an impassioned plea to his teammates to back him up when he has slew-footed another player and intercede if Kassian ragdolls him again.
Seems to have been met with crickets. His production is way off and now he is being suggested as a traceable asset whereas last year and previous years this would have been unheard of.

It is an oddity that Tkachuk trajectory is currently downward while Ehlers' and Yo'Levi's are on the rise.

We should check back on this in a few years.
Jesus Christ

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
LA fired Dave Taylor in 2006. Hired Lombardi. Won the cup in 2012.

You could kinda tell the difference in competencies right away.

I think most people would associate the Chicago rebuild to Cup victory as having started by Tallon but LA's started with Lombardi.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think most people would associate the Chicago rebuild to Cup victory as having started by Tallon but LA's started with Lombardi.

Tallon isn't a great GM but he's a fairly competent old boys club guy. Rather the guy I was looking at for running Chicago into the ground was Mike Smith, Russophile player agent and turned GM who did a good job running the team into the ground for 4 years.

Reactions: vanuck

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Tallon was the guy who botched Chicago's RFAs by not faxing contracts in on time to the league. As well he's the guy who gifted Vegas 2/3 of it's top line (or 2nd line) to protect a defenseman who's not even in the league anymore.

If he gets another job in the league.... wow.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Not sure if you have someone specific in mind, but I would be 100% on board if they hired either Alex or Ryan Miller.

I can't speak to Lack (or Schneider if it came to that), and Luongo is not a possibility.

Outside, Korn would be awesome but I doubt that is any kind of possibility. Locally, Pasco would be good (great?).

We would have to try John Garrett!!!!

Reactions: I am toxic

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Tallon was the guy who botched Chicago's RFAs by not faxing contracts in on time to the league. As well he's the guy who gifted Vegas 2/3 of it's top line (or 2nd line) to protect a defenseman who's not even in the league anymore.

yea but he picked Ekblad so that makes him good by comparative GM logic.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020

Don't mention this sort of stuff around here, Tallon is a future employee of the month at Orca Bay along with Weisbrod who can't understand the CBA and Benning who was startled to find out a hard cap is part of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rypper

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Tallon isn't a great GM but he's a fairly competent old boys club guy. Rather the guy I was looking at for running Chicago into the ground was Mike Smith, Russophile player agent and turned GM who did a good job running the team into the ground for 4 years.

Just did a deep dive on Mike Smith, he did end up drafting Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Dustin Byfuglien and Corey Crawford. He flopped on a lot of 1st rounders though.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Just like Tallon,
benning and chiarelli are apparently good gms for drafting the likes of mcdavid/petersson.

Who gives a shit about the long list of shitty moves they made?
Who cares about cap structure?
Who cares about developing young players for the club?

We’re only 7 years in boys we have to be patient.
Power GMs don’t develop till their 10th year.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Just like Tallon,
benning and chiarelli are apparently good gms for drafting the likes of mcdavid/petersson.

Who gives a shit about the long list of shitty moves they made?
Who cares about cap structure?
Who cares about developing young players for the club?

We’re only 7 years in boys we have to be patient.
Power GMs don’t develop till their 10th year.
Benning never pulled a move remotely as dumb as failing to send in the 'qualifying offers' to a number of RFAs to league offices like Tallon did.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Benning never pulled a move remotely as dumb as failing to send in the 'qualifying offers' to a number of RFAs to league offices like Tallon did.
Some subordinate didn’t send the fax? Can’t imagine this was his responsibility.

Reactions: LordBacon

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
LA fired Dave Taylor in 2006. Hired Lombardi. Won the cup in 2012.

You could kinda tell the difference in competencies right away.

Yeah, I think Lombardi kinda fell off a bit towards the end of his tenure in LA but he was still a very competent exec for the most part.

CHI going from Smith to Tallon was an upgrade, though from Tallon to Bowman was probably only a slight upgrade and a lateral move at worst, when all's said and done. To me Bowman falls in that large grey area that most GMs sit, where you could call them "average" - not that average is particularly good or anything.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014

Didn’t he forget to paper a bunch of players for the minors or something similar? And the double tampering in one interview was pretty special. I’d say both are just as dumb or even more in the case of the tampering charge. Less damaging to the team but still extremely stupid. The tampering could have been really bad if the league wanted it to.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
source.gif

d85126a5b1cdd7ce1b813b1cb6118bd31523771969.jpg

source.gif

ppoZsx.gif

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I'm just curious, who here still supports Benning? I'm not going to do rash out at you guys, if you are, and if you are, you shouldn't be afraid to actually say so, I'm just curious who the heck here still "supports" him? for me I don't hate the guy, I just don't want him as a gm, that's me, but who here is ok with him being our gm still, i'm curious.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I'm just curious, who here still supports Benning? I'm not going to do rash out at you guys, if you are, and if you are, you shouldn't be afraid to actually say so, I'm just curious who the heck here still "supports" him? for me I don't hate the guy, I just don't want him as a gm, that's me, but who here is ok with him being our gm still, i'm curious.

PoM
F A N
stingy
kruts

So give pause, and say a little prayer for them, their spirits are low, and not only is there no hope in sight for them, it is only going to get bleaker.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad