Management Thread: Weisileaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Still pisses me off our management couldn’t figure out they needed to make the effort to help Tree’s young wife adjust to living here.

Wife was not a problem.

Sorry, but this is a false narrative, Tryamkin, rightly so was unhappy that they offered Big Ben Hutton a sweet 2.8M dollar deal and were only offering him 1.8M.

He left because his after taxes salary in Russia is over 2M.

Benning once again was the problem.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Wife was not a problem.

Sorry, but this is a false narrative, Tryamkin, rightly so was unhappy that they offered Big Ben Hutton a sweet 2.8M dollar deal and were only offering him 1.8M.

Where are you getting this salary number from? 2M USD is over 300M rubles, would would make him one of the highest-paid players in the KHL.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wife was not a problem.

Wife hated it here and being away from home. She was 20 and didn’t speak English. Her husband was away on 2 week road trips. Our management should have helped her, but were too froighin’ stupid to realize the importance of pkayers’ FAMILIES,
Thank you Benning. God I can’t believe our owners thinks Mr. “my hair is turning grey, I need shoe polish” is what we need.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Wife hated it here and being away from home. She was 20 and didn’t speak English. Her husband was away on 2 week road trips. Our management should have helped her, but were too froighin’ stupid to realize the importance of pkayers’ FAMILIES,
Thank you Benning. God I can’t believe our owners thinks Mr. “my hair is turning grey, I need shoe polish” is what we need.

I read Soccernomics, and this also happens to a lot of large European teams bringing in talent from other cultures. Literally cut a cheque, and told the player to figure it out yourself.

Spending millions on a player, and not spend $100K on a handler, is just folly.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I saw Erickson play for Sweden several times in the 2010 Olympics and he was absolutely dominant. He beat world class Dmen consistently on the outside and just powered to the Net. The Sedins, even a year ago, vouched for this guy. He was effective in Boston yet, now by the eye test, he rarely seems to get a single shot on goal per game.
The age argument seems logical except for the fact his first year in Van when he was younger was as bad as the current year.
Other than aging being the obvious answer, what happened to his level of play.
Is it the Greener effect to break down a player's game and try to build something he wants?
(This year, the transformation of Virtanen to a wreck like Erickson is nearly complete.)
Is it just confidence, desire?
Erickson is a shadow of the player he was and the player he once was, was similar to Miller.

Too bad anyway, as the Nucks could use 2 Millers.

seasonal affective disorder?

whenever someone comes here and turns into a wet noodle, i always blame the rain.

I read Soccernomics, and this also happens to a lot of large European teams bringing in talent from other cultures. Literally cut a cheque, and told the player to figure it out yourself.

Spending millions on a player, and not spend $100K on a handler, is just folly.

Should the canucks bring in a cheap ~ league min Russian vet to help with Podz adjustment to living/playing in North America?

not to worry, larionov will be our next GM right? ...right?

wasn't there some story where she said she was freaked out because when she walked down the street all she saw were homeless people and drug addicts?

and maybe that tells us she's led a sheltered life because if what she says is accurate that probably means she was living near the arena, in one of those tall buildings below international village. but wouldn't the team's staff have someone to help them find a place, and to warn them which streets get a little DTESy?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Going to be interesting seeing the messaging and comms coming from Ownership, Management, Coaching, and players once the playoffs are less than the absolute moonshot that they are now.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Honestly, just tank so we can draft another stud and fire everyone.

We were blessed to get two series wins last summer, I am content with tanking the rest of this year. Clear out the passengers, bring in Pod and fire on all cylinders next year.
Yu. Get new management now. Hire Gallant to coach. Play the younger guys. Get some excitement into the market. Right now it’s deadsville".

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County

Going to be interesting seeing the messaging and comms coming from Ownership, Management, Coaching, and players once the playoffs are less than the absolute moonshot that they are now.

SF8MzIP.gif

lawrence

May 19, 2012

so play with the win rate we had the last time we won the presidents trophy.

Got it.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
The outcome was not entirely unexpected.
At some point, it becomes obvious that the Canucks can't afford to lose another game.
Next games against the Oilers ought to seal their fate.
Kevin Bieksa is going to have to spin hard next Saturday night to paint the Canucks in a good light.

There's no reason to think that the Canucks are somehow going to morph into a .700 team.
I just can't see that happening, personally.
Maybe the Oilers, Jets, and Flames are all beset by serious injuries to key players.
Elsewise, it seems a virtual certainty that the Canucks are already done this season.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Our 3 best forwards have a combined caphit of 12.05M. (Boeser,petey,miller)

Our 3 worst have a combined caphit of 12.337M (Eriksson, baertschi, beagle)

how does our gm still have a job when he’s spending more money on his 3 worst forwards combined compared to his 3 best

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
This would be the time to make changes for the future and look towards the draft. Competent management would do that but I’m worried that Benning is going to try to swing for the fences again just to try to save his job. Luckily he doesn’t have any money to play with (because of his own dumb ass).

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
This would be the time to make changes for the future and look towards the draft. Competent management would do that but I’m worried that Benning is going to try to swing for the fences again just to try to save his job. Luckily he doesn’t have any money to play with (because of his own dumb ass).

You so funny.

The time was 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad