Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
PoM
F A N
stingy
kruts

So give pause, and say a little prayer for them, their spirits are low, and not only is there no hope in sight for them, it is only going to get bleaker.

giphy.gif

Reactions: I am toxic

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
That Tweet from FA was a gambit, and it has worked out very, very poorly. If he cans Benning/Green anytime over the remainder of the season, he looks like an unreliable flip-flopper whose word is perforated; but if he doesn't, he courts a toxic combination of fan apathy and anger, and invites a management team that has performed poorly, to make some of the most important roster decisions in franchise history.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
PoM
F A N
stingy
kruts

So give pause, and say a little prayer for them, their spirits are low, and not only is there no hope in sight for them, it is only going to get bleaker.

giphy.gif

There's also a handful of sock accounts (Bob Long, RonningMorrisonBooth, Ryan Miller, that "have a great night" guy). I think @Strangelove is still an ardent Benning supporter.

I gotta say, the silver lining of this trash season is not having to read illogical posts defending Benning by those posters. I am a bit surprised that PoM hasn't stormed into this thread and told us how we're incorrectly interpreting the standings, though.

PoM trying to misinterpret any quote critical of management is like

giphy.gif

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
There's also a handful of sock accounts (Bob Long, RonningMorrisonBooth, Ryan Miller, that "have a great night" guy). I think @Strangelove is still an ardent Benning supporter.

I gotta say, the silver lining of this trash season is not having to read illogical posts defending Benning by those posters. I am a bit surprised that PoM hasn't stormed into this thread and told us how we're incorrectly interpreting the standings, though.
I wonder how the Canuck’s sponsored site is doing? Our management must track fan input, no?

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Is it possible that even though Gillis only had 1 top 15 pick in his tenure and only missed the playoffs once in his 6 year tenure, he will have left his successor more pieces and less of a mess than benning? Granted Benning’s pieces will be a lot younger, but he also missed the playoffs in 5 of 7 years.

Gillis left the team with 2 aging 1st liners, a prime elite 2C, 3 solid middle 6 wingers on steal of a deal contracts, 1 top pairing d in his prime, 3 top 4 dmen, an upcoming elite 2C, an upcoming top 2-4D that was already a borderline top 4D, and an upcoming elite goalie and a top 10 pick.

2 33 year old 5o point Sedins
29 year old elite 2C Kesler
32 year old aging burrows
30 year old Chris Higgins
27 year old Jannik Hansen
27 year old #2-3 D Alex Edler
32 year old top 4 D Kevin Bieksa
29 year old top 4 D Jason Garrison (was our 5th highest scorer coming off a 33 point season)
31 year old top 4 D Dan Hamhuis
19 year old Bo Horvat
25 year old Chris Tanev
24 year old Jacob Markstrom
#6 overall pick

His only bad contract he left behind was David Booth at 1 year remaining at 4.25M with a 69M cap (value of 5.02M in today’s 81.5M cap world)

Benning is leaving behind a young elite 1C, a prime 1LW, a young elite 1RW, an elite 2C, a young elite top pairing d, a top 4 d, 1 top 6 forward prospect that’s worth mentioning and what should be a top 10 pick.

22 year old Pettersson,
27 year old JT Miller
23 year old Brock Boeser
25 year old Bo Horvat
21 year old Quinn Hughes
29 year old Nate Schmidt
19 year old Vasily Podkolzin
Top 10 pick potentially

His bad contracts would be:
Loui Eriksson 6M for 1 year
Antoine Roussel 3M for 1 year
Jay Beagle 3M for 1 year
Michael Ferland 3.5M for 2 years
= 15.5M wasted cap space for 1 year and 3.5M for an additional year.

Unlike most fans, I’ll give myers a pass because I think he’s a #4 but overpaid by 1-2M per. So the fact that he’s a good player imo cancels out his contract for arguments purpose. That way Benning supporters can’t say he belongs in the list of assets while Benning haters can’t say he belongs in the bad contracts.

I didn’t mention Demko or Hoglander because at the time of gillis’s firing, he had Lack who was looking like a #1G and Kassian whom was looking like a future top 6 staple. Didn’t mention any other Benning prospects because we don’t know if they will pan out or not. Odds are they won’t. Gillis also had some other notable prospects (most of whom didn’t pan out). Without hindsight, all those guys are of similar value at the time of Gillis’s firing as Benning’s prospects asides Podkolzin.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Gonna make me sick watching leafs/Oilers taking advantage of a weak division to coast to a CF as this management team has flubbed a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Reactions: TruKnyte

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
At what point does this GM address the media/fans, make a statement and answer a few questions regarding his teams dismal performance this season?

Accountability = None

#FireBenning #FireWeisbrod

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Seriously, how do we get Benning fired? We can't even have our voices heard at games right now. Sad.
Our voices are being heard. Go look at all the replies to any of Aquilini’s tweets. I mean, he directly replied to fans and media in his one tweet that said he backs management. He knows fans are angry, upset and pissed.

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
The Canucks have the 3rd worst record in the league after 7 years of retooling/rebuilding, whatever you want to call what Benning did. And yet Aquilini apparently has "full confidence" in his management and coaching staffs? Are you kidding me?

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
We need a meme of that Star trek scene where the midget rides Kirk like a horse, except with Green and Benning's head edited in, with it ending in the alien dude asking Aquilini - how can you let this go on?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Benning has skated on facing any kind of real responsibility for a while now. It's always just Green to face the media.

The last time Benning spoke to the media was in print, to Ben Kuzma at the beginning of February. I can't remember the last time he was on the radio or TV.

Aquilini had his 6 tweets which is a one way conversation. This team is losing and anyone with any responsibility besides Green has gone into hiding. They are so lucky fans aren't allowed in the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->